Insurance L40 Cab heater repair $2500

/ L40 Cab heater repair $2500 #1  

TripleR

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota M8540HDC, L5740HSTC, BX2200, BX2660, John Deere 425&1025R, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford
The mice got into my L5740 cab, built nests and chewed up the heater core. Kubota doesn't sell the core separately, only as a whole unit for $2500. Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

/ L40 Cab heater repair $2500 #2  
You can pull it out of there and see if there is another application that would work, such as out of a small car. What is the core made of? Plastic? Did the chew the actual core or the box that surrounds it?

/ L40 Cab heater repair $2500
You can pull it out of there and see if there is another application that would work, such as out of a small car. What is the core made of? Plastic? Did the chew the actual core or the box that surrounds it?

My brother pulled it out, it is aluminum, about a 2"x4"x10", he is looking for a way to repair it or find one that will work, but no luck so far.

The metal has been chewed to the point it is leaking fluid.

/ L40 Cab heater repair $2500 #4  
Maybe a small transmission cooler or something? Just throwing out ideas.

Thanks dodge man, we are sure going to be looking at all options before spending $2500. There sure isn't anything unique about it.

/ L40 Cab heater repair $2500 #6  
Try contacting a radiator repair place. I've mangled a lot of radiators on my bikes over the years and they always manage to have them looking new again.

Try contacting a radiator repair place. I've mangled a lot of radiators on my bikes over the years and they always manage to have them looking new again.

Sure will, we've had repairs on bigger radiators, but wasn't sure they could do anything on the smaller ones.

/ L40 Cab heater repair $2500 #8  
Agree!
Radiator repair shop was my first thought as well.
Good Luck!

/ L40 Cab heater repair $2500 #9  
For $2500 you could get NASA to build you one from scratch! :eek:My point is a quality rad shop should be able to find one or rebuild yours, possibly even bigger, if there's room for it, for WAY, WAY less than K-bota wants. You could possibly use baseboard sections soldered together to give you the cubic inches needed.

For $2500 you could get NASA to build you one from scratch! :eek:My point is a quality rad shop should be able to find one or rebuild yours, possibly even bigger, if there's room for it, for WAY, WAY less than K-bota wants. You could possibly use baseboard sections soldered together to give you the cubic inches needed.

Agreed, one of the complaints about Kubota is you often have to buy a whole unit as they don't stock individual parts. To get the core, I have to buy the whole housing with the controls, fans, etc. I don't have a picture of the core, but it sure isn't anything special. The dimensions must match the housing, so that is the only issue with just dropping a generic core in.

My brother is the brains of this operation as was a tractor and car mechanic for many years and is exploring options, I thought maybe someone on here may have dealt with this before.