Comparison L47 vs M62: any first hand experience?

/ L47 vs M62: any first hand experience? #1  

Nemmy

Tractor
Kubota L47 soon?
Does anyone have first hand experience going from one to the other? Or even one of the older L4x to the M62, or as a last resort from the M59 to an L47.

Online I saw the deltas in raw stats, length/gpm/hp/reach/etc. I also saw some dealer videos which made it sound like the L47 and M62 were very similar in build and handling.

Talking to a dealer that has an M62 which was definitely large but they described it as a beast of a tractor with no comparison to the L47.

Thoughts?

I think the L47 would suffice for all my tasks today but the M62 future proofs me for any reasonable land purchases.

/ L47 vs M62: any first hand experience? #2  
I've tried a buddy's L47 and I currently use an M59. I used to own a Case 580K.

The answer depends on what you plan on doing with your machine. If you need more push/dig/lift/reach/PTO then the M59/M62 is the way to go. Need something smaller/lighter/cheaper get the L47. For me the M59 is the half way go between a tractor and a real construction backhoe. I think the M59 still could use a few more GPM on the hoe side but thats my compromise on getting a smaller lighter machine. The L47 wasn't on my radar because it's not enough machine for my needs.

IMHO the L47 is like buying a 1/2 ton regular cab short box pickup truck and the M59 is like the extended cab long box 3/4 ton 4WD. I don't see the point of buying a pickup truck with a 5 foot box unless you can't fit it in your suburban garage...

Generally dealers will let you demo them, see if they will give you each machine for a weekend.

If you are looking for 60HP range and don't really need the backhoe I'd get a Grand L60 or Deere 4066R. The Deere has an optional downpressure on the 3PH and is nicer to operate overall. If I didn't need the hoe I'd be buying the Deere as it's a way slicker machine.

Buy the machine you need to do the job. Buying a machine "that does a little of everything" doesn't really do a good job at anything.