Comparison L4701DT vs. MX4800DT

/ L4701DT vs. MX4800DT #1  

Rockin' G Ranch

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L4740 HST with FEL
Trying to decide between a L4701DT a MX4800DT. The MX is $1,000 more. They are very similar in specifications and power but since the MX weighs a little more I would think it would be more robust. Help me decide. Thanks.

/ L4701DT vs. MX4800DT #2  
Weight defines what a tractor will do... Traction, lift capacity, pulling, you name it. And all other things being equal heavier = stronger & more durable.

No clue about the tractors mentioned but I've heard that the MX are good or better value for the money compared to L's.

/ L4701DT vs. MX4800DT #3  
My preference would be the MX, it's a bit more robust and I like the bigger front tires. The operator station also seems to have more room.

/ L4701DT vs. MX4800DT #5  
I don't have actual experience with either as I am still looking myself. But I have my choice narrowed down to 45 HP range and both those Kubotas made the first cut. After looking at the specs of each I'm pretty much settled on the MX for Kubota since it's bigger and heavier. I'll still look at the L when I visit a dealer but unless I get a great deal I can't see myself going the L route.

/ L4701DT vs. MX4800DT
Thanks for the comments. It is a new tractor for my son and he decided on the MX. Got it today and is happy with his decision. Thanks again.