L5030 and L48 front axle

/ L5030 and L48 front axle #1  

Rowski

Veteran Member
Tractor
2004 New Holland TN70DA with 32LC loader, 2000 New Holland 2120 with Curtis cab, 7309 loader
Does the L5030 and the L48 share the same front axle setup?

/ L5030 and L48 front axle #2  
Hi Derek - this is a guess but I don't think the L5030 has the same front axle as the L48. The L48 uses the TL1150 loader which is generally designed for 40-50% higher forces than the LA853. Breakout is roughly twice as high. If the front axle of the L5030 was suitable for that much loader, I would think they'd offer a larger one than the LA853 for it.

I noticed your other post about Woods loaders - now I understand the comparison you are making. The Woods 1016 compares to the LA853 where the 1020 is more like the Kubota 1150. Seems like if Kubota and Woods both say its ok to put a 1020 on a 5030, that would be a good upgrade. If Kubota's warrantee would evaporate, maybe not. My 2 cents. Take care. Dick B

/ L5030 and L48 front axle
I understand your reasoning, Its basically my reasoning too.

From what I understand, the L5030 and L48 sport the same engine and HST setup. The front axle under most tractors are hooked directly too the engine frame (block). There is no frame as a truck has. I do understand that the L48 has a much larger subframe for the backhoe and loader to support the extremely high lift capacities.

If I remember right Mark (Mr. Earthforce) put larger diameter cylinders on his loader, the larger L10 series he owned prior to his Earthforce.

My problem is I want way too much! Lots of HP, Factory cab, Strong loader lift capacities, all on a compact tractor frame. What my wish is an L48 with factory cab /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

/ L5030 and L48 front axle #5  
For what its worth, my L5450 has the 1150 loader - and there is a front subframe that extends forward to hold the axle. The subframe has two thick side plates that attach to the engine and run back to the loader uprights. There is probably a subframe holding the front axle on a 5030 too - but I haven't looked closely at one or compared it to the L48 setup. This is a lot of words to say I don't have a clue ! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ L5030 and L48 front axle #6  
Hi Derek,
I like your name, since it is the same as my first Great Grand son's, born recently.

Don't know the answer to your question, but I do remember when shopping for my L4610, the specs said it had a heavier front axle, steering, hydraulic pump, as this machine had been optimized for fel. I don't believe my tractor could handle much more lift capacity without really heavy counterbalance.

I am like you, always need just a little more than I have, but am still amazed at what these little machines will do.

Attached is picture of concrete I pulled out of the ground with my 782 loader today. Had a bush hog 286 mower on the back. (982 lbs x 114" long). Even with this on the back it was difficult to keep the rear wheels on the ground just moving it to the dump, so you can imagine how much the rear was in the air, getting it out of the hole.

Concrete is 32" dia at base & ground level, 15" dia above ground level & 67" tall, to give you some idea.

PS: You will really like the cab.

Attachments

• 381156-Concrete dish mount.JPG
    381156-Concrete dish mount.JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 141
   / L5030 and L48 front axle
Got an e-mail back from Woods.

At this time there are no mounting brackets for a 1020 loader on a L5030HST cab tractor.

So... LA853 it is.