L5740 Headliner tumor.

/ L5740 Headliner tumor. #1  

BufordBoone

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L5740 & M7060
We have noticed a smell that resembels stale water in our cabbed L5740. My wife mostly uses this tractor. I figured I'd replace the cab air filter.

Today I noticed a "tumor" in the headliner. I don't recall seeing this bump before. I'll be really embarrassed if someone tells me it is normal and I just didn't realize it.

The bump is rigid and seems to have the same resistance as all the rest of the headliner. I can't push it up.

One photo looking forward from the seat. The other looking in from the right side.

Has anyone ever seen this? Any ideas what it is?

Attachments

• IMG_1119.jpg
    IMG_1119.jpg
    926.4 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_1120.jpg
    IMG_1120.jpg
    893.4 KB · Views: 111
   / L5740 Headliner tumor. #2  
Yep. That's the way it's always been. Mine is exactly the same.

I had the top off when I installed the radio. Seems to me like that recess is where the diverter was that changes the AC airflow from just up front to all around. (The second AC control knob that adjusts where it blows out.) (Not sure about this -- it's been a while . . . )

Regardless, I just looked and mine is exactly the same. It's not a tumor.

I had to go look too. Don't feel bad.

Last edited:
   / L5740 Headliner tumor. #3  
hehe...how could you never have noticed that. i would have thought you hit your head on it 10 to 100 times.

/ L5740 Headliner tumor.
Well, I'll lay claim to always looking down at my work and I guess I never hit my head on it cause we don't get in on that side.

Yeah, I feel silly.

Thanks, to all.

I'd delete the whole post except leaving it may spare someone else from having to ask!

/ L5740 Headliner tumor. #5  
Ive seen something just like that on Xfiles the other day.......

/ L5740 Headliner tumor. #6  
We have noticed a smell that resembels stale water in our cabbed L5740. My wife mostly uses this tractor. I figured I'd replace the cab air filter.

Today I noticed a "tumor" in the headliner. I don't recall seeing this bump before. I'll be really embarrassed if someone tells me it is normal and I just didn't realize it.

The bump is rigid and seems to have the same resistance as all the rest of the headliner. I can't push it up.

One photo looking forward from the seat. The other looking in from the right side.

Has anyone ever seen this? Any ideas what it is?

I happened to spend a few hours in this cab today and gave this some more thought. I think this divot accommodates the motor for the fan / blower motor. In any event, it's not malignant.

/ L5740 Headliner tumor.
I went by the dealer today to get some filters. Showed them the photo. The service manager said it was normal. Many others were surprised. The parts guy pulled up a diagram. Yep, it is on the diagram.

I should feel better that many others never noticed it. Nah, I feel foolish!

Thanks, to all.

/ L5740 Headliner tumor. #8  
I probably would of poked it with a pin to see if any water or puss came out.