L6060 Cab height of 92.5" - tire question

/ L6060 Cab height of 92.5" - tire question #1  

johnsayen

Bronze Member
Tractor
None
The documented specs on the L6060 HSTC cab height are 92.5" which leaves me 2" to spare on my 8' garage bay. For the specs, do they use the tallest tire option to document the cab height?

For example, should I expect the top of the cab to be at 92.5" when selecting the REAR - 17.5L-24 R4 Titan Industrial Contractor TL? I see the -24 rim is 2-4" shorter than the Ag rim. But it's unclear on the sidewall height.

Thank you

/ L6060 Cab height of 92.5" - tire question #2  
My new cabbed L5460 just fit with those tires. Yes by about 2". I did however have to remove the antenna.

/ L6060 Cab height of 92.5" - tire question #3  
Be sure to take into account any change in pitch. Think about the entire operation of ingress/egress, not just the measurements. If your entrance/exit is flat then there's likely no additional concern.

When I had my garage built I went with scissor trusses in my work bay in order to get extra headroom just in case I ever got an excavator and needed to operate the boom: I spec'd based on the maximum sized excavator that I'd ever be able to use/afford (all hypothetical as I will likely never own one [I tend to rent], but I wanted to give myself a little fudge room).

/ L6060 Cab height of 92.5" - tire question #4  
Measure from the bottom of your garage door, I say this because as I was standing here watching the rain and reading this I realized my garage door fully open is 3 inches less than the rough opening. It doesn’t matter for my equipment it’s all in the machine shed but it may make a difference for your situation

/ L6060 Cab height of 92.5" - tire question #5  
My L6060 clears the garage opening by 1” but I do have the rear tires inflated to the max. I have the radio antenna horizontal.

/ L6060 Cab height of 92.5" - tire question #6  
The documented specs on the L6060 HSTC cab height are 92.5" which leaves me 2" to spare on my 8' garage bay. For the specs, do they use the tallest tire option to document the cab height?

For example, should I expect the top of the cab to be at 92.5" when selecting the REAR - 17.5L-24 R4 Titan Industrial Contractor TL? I see the -24 rim is 2-4" shorter than the Ag rim. But it's unclear on the sidewall height.

Thank you
John, also remember that the ROPS fold down quite easily on most tractors, just two lynch pins. I keep my tractors in the barn but service them in my garage. I always have to fold them down to roll them in. Doing it every time you use it may be a pain but not a showstopper.

/ L6060 Cab height of 92.5" - tire question #7  
I’m reviving an old thread here. I’m shopping for an upgrade to a cabbed Kubota L5460 w/R4 tires from a L5460 open station. I too have a 8’ rollup shop door but the clearance is really 7’-10”. (94 inches). Has anyone gained any additional insight in the cab height in the last year?

I will be sneaking by the Kubota dealership after hours with a tape measure. I don’t want the salesman to know just how interested I am. ;) They have a L6060 on the lot.
Thanks