L805/L4060 real life lifting capacity

/ L805/L4060 real life lifting capacity
Thanks to all, much appreciated. Demoing one on Monday and the other on Wednesday.

/ L805/L4060 real life lifting capacity #12  
My L4060 couldnt quite lift a pallet (my flail mower which was suppose to weight 1,700lbs bare) labeled as 1,910lbs. I pulled off the PTO shaft & some plastic then could lift it a foot. Probably 250lbs of pallet forks on there too.

With loaded rear tires & a light or no rear ballast my L4060 felt way more stable than my L3200 with loaded rears & maximum rear ballast.

I would have liked to be able to afford a L4760 or bigger to get the big loader in addition to the extra HP. The medium loader is decent, but weak compared to the tractor weight. My L3200 could lift the rear off the ground with lots of ballast. There is a weak spot in every system. Ballast on the L3200, hydraulics or possibly front axle on the L4060.

/ L805/L4060 real life lifting capacity #13  
And found a photo... failed to lift that pallet rotated 90 degrees along the wide side with the weight closer too. Pushed the pallet up to the shop an inch or so off the ground. 20171221_125820.jpeg

/ L805/L4060 real life lifting capacity #14  
The HST+ transmission would make a lot more difference to me. I would buy the orange one.

Yea I am sure that makes a big difference.

My comment was more directed towards loader comparison

/ L805/L4060 real life lifting capacity #15  
I thought I had the Kubota loaders figured out, and now am confused. I recall seeing somewhere that the loader number represented lift capacity in KG. That translates to 1,884 pounds for my LA855 loader and that's very close to the "lift to full height" spec at 1,878 pounds. However, it doesn't look like the LA1055 lifts quite that much.

/ L805/L4060 real life lifting capacity #16  
The third digit actually represents the generation number of a particular loader.

Also, I expect Kubota makes some effort not to have the same three or four digits as some other tractor brand's loader.

So the numbers are approximate. For FEL capacity without the bucket peruse a Kubota catalog or Kubota's web site.

/ L805/L4060 real life lifting capacity #17  
I have a L4240 no cab HST tractor. It is my third tractor. I went with this size because it gave me the largest loader in the series. I run a 6' box blade with concrete filled cinder blocks for a counter balance. I have loaded tires and heavy duty chains. This allows me to carry a max load...ie if the loader will lift it I can move with it. However I would like to to be more stable and handle the loads better. I also find that frequently I am maxing out the capacity when I run the grapple or forks. I can load the bucket heaping with gravel and it will lift and haul it. I have a removable toothed bar and that helps when I am spending a lot of time moving dirt. This tractor is miles ahead of the 33 hp I had prior.

With all that said I am looking for the next tractor. I am settling into the 60/70hp range. They are not that much larger and the load capacity will make a difference. The only other choice is a R630, but I need the PTO.

Mike

/ L805/L4060 real life lifting capacity #18  
I thought I had the Kubota loaders figured out, and now am confused. I recall seeing somewhere that the loader number represented lift capacity in KG. That translates to 1,884 pounds for my LA855 loader and that's very close to the "lift to full height" spec at 1,878 pounds. However, it doesn't look like the LA1055 lifts quite that much.

Apples to oranges I think.

Kubota loader numbers, as others said, representative t lift capacity in kg....with last number being series.

LA855 is 850kg capacity loader....5th revision
La1055 is a 1050kg loader...5th revision.

The difference is a few years back....Kubota switched the point at which they reference the lift capacity for their model number. The newer measurement...is the "bigger" number of measuring the capacity at the lift pins. The old number.bering was bucket center or edge.

So the two loaders you reference....1050kg at pins vs 850kg at bucket edge....really about the same....even though the model number doesn't lead you to believe that

/ L805/L4060 real life lifting capacity #19  
Been there, done that...

I was lucky to have decided on a bit bigger tractor on the first trip around (where many first timers have under estimated their inevitable and eventually growing needs) with the L3650 Grand L with LA805 and BH92 over the LX or L2501 (or larger HP in those same basic frame sizes).

Every season I will clear dead wood, (blown in trees) from the lake that fronts the property. (I didn't think being downwind would be all that bad, but it truly is a working mans shoreline !!)

Some of this stuff is massive, and water logged. 20ft or more long and some 24" or more in diameter. I can pull these out of the water or along the beach with the Land Pride 72" Grapple (SGC15), and then to shore where I can lift (maybe only one end at a time if they are too massive or intertwined with other trees), cut them into smaller pieces, and then get them relocated.

I've had years where the debris field that's been blown in along the bank is 3ft to 4ft deep and 20 feet out along a 100 to 200ft shoreline. I used to clear this with brute force, a pickup truck with a plow, and towing the logs out with a work boat.
That took effort and time, dependent on the water level and how far the debris field is pushed inland.

Having never used a Tractor before last season, I can say that the HST Trans is the second most impressive thing about the Kubota Grand Series that I have so far experienced.

Its got Low Med and Hi Ranges for general speed/work considerations, and then each of those are effectively doubled with a fast or slow selector on the steering column (Like a turn signal lever) . (6 ranges of speed/work positions in a hydro unit... its just awesome!)

For clearing this stuff I'll hit the field with the 72" Grapple, and have 3 or 4 10ft high Burn piles ready to go within the first hour typically using Med range, and keeping it in HST slow. If I have a lighter load of material I'll flip it into HST fast mode while moving. It is definitely a time saver and becomes automatic without even looking at anything.

Additionally, I can keep the engine RPM basically at idle the whole time using less fuel and only using the power I need, when I need it. Stall Guard is automatic, and the Throttle up button on the loader stick lets me get faster engine RPM (and faster cycling of the loader/Grapple) without increasing the speed of the tractor at the wheels while its moving (its awesome as there is no physical link between engine speed and tractor speed except where its required!).

I do find I have to time it right and start the throttle up before I really need it, otherwise I end up waiting for the engine speed to greet the load. That too becomes second nature. OR I could just increase the throttle across the board and not have to worry about it. Again, that does not vary the speed of the tractor at the wheels either...

Maintaining an increased throttle paradigm also plays into the effective use of the DPF system. Continual low engine speed pressure on the engine (loading it up close to a stall) will cause additional DPF exhaust filtering to take place causing a required regen earlier than running a consistent engine speed.

Attachments

• IMG_1774.JPG
    IMG_1774.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 135
   / L805/L4060 real life lifting capacity #20  
I've had two tractors in the 40+ years out here. Both were geared. Currently Kubota M6040 with hydraulic shuttle shift tranny. It's plenty fast enough for this old dude.

It's like the lady said - " It's not so much the tool you have - it's knowing how to use it".