LA115 mower lift linkage

/ LA115 mower lift linkage #1  

leonz

Tractor
JD LA115, WH 244, Troy Built Horse 8 HP
The lawn mower lift crapped out on my LA115.

I am going to have to remove the left rear wheel to access
it as there is not enough room to work on it.

Would any of you have an LA115 repair manual that they could upload? the local dealer wanted $75.00
for an LA115 parts and repair manual CD.

This thing has almost 130 hours on it now and it still runs well and the salt exposure has just ruined it.

/ LA115 mower lift linkage #2  
leonz
The service tech manual is $47 on eBay.. well worth it for what you save by not taking it to the dealer (as is the $75 one :) )

The linkage break from salt corrosion? Post a pic or two, and you may get some online help here. Removing the left rear wheel shouldn't be too difficult.

Attachments

• 115la_lift_linkage.jpg
    115la_lift_linkage.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 376
   / LA115 mower lift linkage
Hello beenthere and tomplumb,

I found that the mower deck lift linkage arm had broken the spring pin yesterday and the linkage arm was barely hanging on the stud that holds it in place.

The wheel was no problem at all what worries me is the transmission. I really wish it was a gear drive mule.

So I took the E-ring off and the wheel and key came off together and after a while of arguing with it using a very large (16") pair of pump pliers to move it back on to the pin that holds it in place I put a new washer and spring pin in place.

The coil spring with the arm on the mower height adjustment arm and the coil spring connected to the tractor frame that has the job of holding the arm back to make it easier to lift and lucky for me I had more washers and spring pins to replace them in my catch all pail.

I am just worried about that transmission as its the only mule I have to mow with and I did have them replace the original drive belt last year.

I was way off on the machine hours when i posted the first thread. It has 185 hours on it and double UGH I fear the worst as it does not seem to have a lot of transmission power as it did not zip right up and over the sand filter while I mowed the tall grass at the four inch mark on the mules mower height gauge and the LA115 is slow to reverse.

/ LA115 mower lift linkage #5  
Leonz,
My L130 acted like that, and it turned out that the pulleys had worn to the point of slipping on the drive belt. New pulleys were the answer.

/ LA115 mower lift linkage
Leonz,
My L130 acted like that, and it turned out that the pulleys had worn to the point of slipping on the drive belt. New pulleys were the answer.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Teachu2,

I am constantly checking the pulleys and the mower belt as i almost smoked it yesterday, its always something GGGRRR.