LA115 questions

/ LA115 questions #11  
Its pretty bad in the scheme of things when the local Deere dealer tells you that the low end lawn tractors are not built well.

Pretty clear that the two would naturally go together, as I see it. Not many things one can buy on the cheap, and get the best. Reality is sometimes hard to take. Cheer up leonz.. could be worse. ;)

/ LA115 questions #12  
You can buy a whole lot of belts for the price difference. My lowly L120 lasted it's previous owner and I at least 12 years, and the new owner is delighted with it now - but it was overmatched by our terrain and the wife's driving. It simply wasn't up to the demands WE put on it.

Leonz, what you are describing (no belts) sounds like a SCUT. A Mahindra Max, a Kubota B or BX, a JD 1025, a Kioti CS2210, or similar would fit that bill. I just didn't want to shell out $15k+ to mow weeds. I've had the new Husqvarna GT48DXLS in deep grass, hit stumps and rocks, and already replaced the blades. Belts have probably saved the drivetrain some serious abuse. They absorb some of the shock that gears and drivelines transmit. Belts are only a small part of the equation - the rest of the components (and adequate belts) make a huge difference. Compare your LA115 components to a x540 - everything under the paint is different. Both belt-driven, but very different classes of machines.

I'm amazed at the difference between the $2000 and $3000 Husqvarna models. The $2000 box-store model would have been better than the old L120, but the extra grand upgraded the engine, frame, seat, transaxle, tire size....

Our Rhino is ten years old and still on it's original belt.

/ LA115 questions
Hello Teachu2,

Yes I would love to own a SCUT but it will not be this year sadly:mad:. The SCUT market is absolutely nuts as the used ones even with high hours on the meter are extremely expensive.

I might get lucky and find a low hour repo but I would like at least two pairs of remotes on a SCUT if I am able to buy one.
I was lucky in finding my repo Isuzu when i did as it had 2200 miles on it when I bought it.

SO the SCUT/lawn mower/lawn tractor saga continues on my mountain.