Land shark attack ;-)

/ Land shark attack ;-) #1  

RADIUM

Gold Member
Tractor
NEW HOLLAND 2420
Today while raking up some tree limbs and rocks in one of the last fields to be cleared out from the old tree farm, the trees got their revenge LOL. While moving along at a pretty good clip I heard a loud bang and then what I thought was a fan sound like something went through the radiator, if you remember I had a problem with the air conditioning tensioner pulley I figured here we go again but oh no, it turned out to be a limb work its way up the tire and punch its way through the right fender I'm glad I was in the cab I hate to see what that would do to my leg, it just goes to show you when you get comfortable the stupidest thing can occur and either hurt you or scratch your toy ;-). I'll find out tomorrow how much that little fender cost it looks easy to replace I'll probably wait till I'm finally finished with all the land clearing before I worry about it, it will probably happen again take care everyone

Attachments

• fender.jpg
    fender.jpg
    342.5 KB · Views: 332
   / Land shark attack ;-) #2  
I'll find out tomorrow how much that little fender cost it looks easy to replace I'll probably wait till I'm finally finished with all the land clearing before I worry about it, it will probably happen again take care everyone

I think once you find out how much it costs, you just might leave it alone and use it as a reminder.

/ Land shark attack ;-) #3  
A dremel tool could make a finished look out of the jagged edge.

/ Land shark attack ;-) #4  
That's why I like having an older steel tractor. I hate all the plastic they're putting on new tractors (and cars) these days.:thumbdown:

/ Land shark attack ;-)
Yes plastic has some drawbacks we have old steel tractors I rather replace it then bang it out with a hammer, we should start "how much do you think that fender is going to cost :)" it's a cab tractor so it's really only half of a fender I'd say probably about $265 will find out tomorrow like I said it's not the end of the world this tractor has done a lot of work in the last two years 640 hours one fender for 170 acres of heavy duty clearing isn't so bad , to tell you the truth I thought by now I would have lost the windshield or side door so I'm really not that upset just one of those things. I tell you a funny story about my brothers TN 75 two days after he owned it his 16-year-old son curled the bucket back too far and drop rocks on the hood the tractor is affectionately called lumpy :). Take care

/ Land shark attack ;-)
holy smoke and the winner is $475 they are out of their minds looks like it's going to stay that way for a while till I finish all the heavy brush clearing I might just take the other one off so it doesn't break take care

/ Land shark attack ;-) #8  
Take both of them off and put them in the safe!!!
David from jax

/ Land shark attack ;-) #9  
holy smoke and the winner is $475 they are out of their minds looks like it's going to stay that way for a while till I finish all the heavy brush clearing I might just take the other one off so it doesn't break take care

For that kind of money, I can pound out a dent.:laughing:

/ Land shark attack ;-)
Well looks like plastic repair time my brother the guru has some kind of material just like fiberglass he says he's repaired worse damage before no biggie I'll just have to find a cool sticker and put it over the top ;-) new Holland has to get a reality check with some of their prices that's just ridiculous I could understand if it was a full-size fender like my TC 40 had but this is just a half of the size oh well they won't be getting my money take care