Landpride Grading Scraper review GS2584

/ Landpride Grading Scraper review GS2584 #12  
I just ordered the smaller GS1572 (43hp Kubota L4330) - $1500. My bad. I didn't go to "page 2" on the Landpride website to see that they had the heavier GS25 series. My dealer says he thinks the GS15 will do great for me for gravel road maintenance, but I don't think they have anywhere near as much experience as the collective wisdom on TBN.

/ Landpride Grading Scraper review GS2584 #13  
While the Land Pride GS25 series will have a heavier framework - the GS15 should be more than adequate for gravel driveway maintenance. If you feel added weight is necessary - sacks of sand placed on the upper frame members would resolve this.

/ Landpride Grading Scraper review GS2584 #14  
How fast do you guys go? I have the 72" version of the LandPride. I think I have the blades set 3/4" recessed, and I'm in pretty much sand (Michigan). Anyway, I get HUGE build-up of material....full to the top.

I end up lengthening the top link to make it take less bite to get the dirt to flow over the second blade. I'll probably adjust the blade up a bit more before I use it again. Any other suggestions?

/ Landpride Grading Scraper review GS2584 #15  
My blades are set 1" below the side boards/skid shoes. By the term "recessed" I would guess you also mean below the side boards. My driveway is a mix of sand, gravel, silt, & boulders. I guess I travel along at around 3-4 mph. Your buildup may not be due to the blade setting - it could be that the sand is too damp and won't flow over the blades. Dry sand should not build up much on either blade.

/ Landpride Grading Scraper review GS2584 #16  
By recessed, I meant above the shoes. So mine are set 1-3/4" less aggressive than yours.
I've done wet and dry conditions, because I had that thought too.
I'm not going 4mph though, probably more like 2 or 3. That's not especially different though. I basically go till it starts chattering, then slow down (chatter is normally on the harder seasonal road, and not so much my driveway--but I have the same buildup problems on both).
I just haven't had the time to mess with / adjust / figure it out (thus asking here).

/ Landpride Grading Scraper review GS2584 #17  
By recessed, I meant above the shoes. So mine are set 1-3/4" less aggressive than yours.
I'm not going 4mph though, probably more like 2 or 3. That's not especially different though. I basically go till it starts chattering, then slow down (chatter is normally on the harder seasonal road, and not so much my driveway--but I have the same buildup problems on both).
I just haven't had the time to mess with / adjust / figure it out (thus asking here).

I set mine with paint sticks. 2 stacked up per corner.

/ Landpride Grading Scraper review GS2584 #19  
   / Landpride Grading Scraper review GS2584 #20  

On an already existing drive that is not in bad shape, just getting maintained, DO NOT simply put the 3pt control lever all the way forward. Set the 3pt so that the implement is held at ground level. That way the cutting edges only cut just below the runners. Your material build up will not be anywhere as bad.

Some people think that this is bad because you can then get the washboard effect sort of stretched out though. That is why I said for maintenance purposes. I have never had any problems grading in this fashion and it really helps with the material build up situation.

Been there , done that.

Of course, you may need to set your cutting edges below your runners for this to work.

Another thing that really helps when using a LPGS is a hydraulic top link. Makes it a breeze to adjust just how much cut you get for each of your cutting edges. The chattering that you are getting should be able to be eliminated.

Good luck.