Tiller Landpride RTR15 Tiller

/ Landpride RTR15 Tiller #1  

07 LMM LTZ

Silver Member
Tractor
L 3940 HSTC
Was wondering if anyone has priced a 66" one recently and if anyone has one and what they think of it? I have been thinking about purchasing one but was trying to get a little input before I pull the trigger. I know they can be a little pricey but I plan on having it for a long time,
Thanks in advance.

/ Landpride RTR15 Tiller #2  
I don't have an RTR15, but I do have the LP RTA3576. It is not reverse tine. I have had it for about 2.5 yrs now. I have used it substantially for my own garden and some outside tilling for others. So far, I have been very happy with its performance and durability. Mine was a little over $4 g's when purchased with the tractor.

/ Landpride RTR15 Tiller #3  
The first two digits in the model number of most Landpride implements indicates the duty rating of the piece. 15 is light duty; 25 is medium duty and 35 is heavy duty. Draw your own conclusions based on your budget and equipment needs. A 15XX tiller will probably be great for homeowner/occaisional use but not well suited for a commercial application.

/ Landpride RTR15 Tiller
There is actully a RTR05 RTR10 and RTR12 that are even lighter duty tillers the big advatage I found with the RTR15 was that it had a great offset capabillity that the other models did not have.

/ Landpride RTR15 Tiller #5  
I have a RTR05 and think it's a great tiller. The reversing tillers I think do a better job of chopping up the soil. I've also found that since mine tends to push a pile of dirt in front of it, that it's usefull for filling in small ruts and holes in the ground.

The bad part of my reversing tiller though, is that they tend to jam on rocks above a certain size. A forward till I think would just skip over a rock, but the reversing tiller wants to push the rock ahead of itself, where it will try again and again to pull it up into the housing.

I use to have a shear bolt interface, but ended up spending the money to get a slip clutch interface for the PTO. If your operating in semi rocky soil, I'd suggest a slip clutch on the PTO.

Otherwise, I love my Land Pride RTR tiller.

/ Landpride RTR15 Tiller #6  
I have an RTR05 too. Where I live the soil is very rocky and like taborekle says, rocks over a certain size like to jam themselves in the tines. My Land Pride came with a slip clutch so I never had an issue with shear pins. I do like having the clutch, it makes a huge difference when using the tiller. With my 2360 it is good size match.