Landscape Rake

/ Landscape Rake #1  

bill9068

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti DK5510, Kubota BX25D, Bobcat S130, Bobcat 742.
Looking for a landscape rake for use maybe once or twice a year to clean sticks off field next to woods and clean up area after it was logged last summer. Rural King has some for $600, good buy or not?

/ Landscape Rake #2  
I've had great service and support from Everythingattachments and always start with them before I order anything.

https://www.(Temporarily blocked du...)/searchresults.asp?Search=rake&Submit=Submit
https://www.(Temporarily blocked du...and-Shark-Compact-Landscape-Rake-p/ls-lsr.htm

/ Landscape Rake #3  
I just looked at my notes. I paid a little over $600 for a 6' landscape rake in 2007. So I'd say it's a pretty good price. Pick it up and skip the shipping costs.

Don't use it as much as I thought I would. But for cleaning up brush and sticks it really does a pretty good job.

/ Landscape Rake #6  
Looking for a landscape rake for use maybe once or twice a year to clean sticks off field next to woods and clean up area after it was logged last summer. Rural King has some for $600, good buy or not?
Hey there, Sounds like a reasonable price range
for a 60in rake if you can pick it up with no shipping. If you use a rake a lot EA is lasting top quality and USA made but does cost more. For limited use, cheaper model will work OK. Might bend a few times but they can be replaced. Regards

/ Landscape Rake #7  
Sounds reasonable, I bought mine from Tractor Supply years ago and it has held up well although it isn't something that I use but a couple times a year. Don't remember the price

/ Landscape Rake #8  
I bought one from Tractor Supply (made by Tartar) this year to do the very same thing you are wanting to do, it is a 6' and my old Ford 850 twisted it like a pretzel. It was rated for a 40 to 60 hp tractor. I did manage to straighten it out for the most part and intend to pick up some metal to reinforce the weak area at the pivot then only use it behind the 1025R and hope that it won't twist again.

/ Landscape Rake #9  
Cut down about 100 dead trees. The limbs shattered upon impact. The landscape rake tines have a gap between 1/2" and 3/4", they flex and allow brush to wedge between the tines. Lifting rake lifts about 1/2 of the brush and require manually clearing the tines. If you remove every other time the tines have about a 3-4" gap and will self clean but requires more passes going different directions. If you can find used rakes you can set them up for different jobs
20200702_195717.jpg

20200702_195602.jpg

/ Landscape Rake #10  
I only have a tiny landscape rake meant for an ATV i use on a Case garden tractor, but i've found it's really excellent at dragging out any kind of dirt piles you might have. I have a larger box blade and regular back blade but I've found the landscape rake far more useful for spreading soil that's already loose. Unlike the two blades it tends to actively roll the soil it's dragging and break up clumps pretty quickly.

Another great thing about a landscape rake is the ability to grab downed brush and drag it. The tines will sort of stab into any bushy type of vegetation and pull it along without it escaping. My little rake mounts on a 2" square bar so I've got it on a ~3ft long one to get more 'reach' from it.