Rotary Cutter Lane Shark bought by Trail Blazer under Titan ??

/ Lane Shark bought by Trail Blazer under Titan ?? #11  
That is sad if they are knocking off Ken's product now too. From the pictures, it looks like they haven't caught up on weld quality though, and the cuts look rough too.

I've had my software products knocked off by foreign companies in China and Russia and it's very frustrating. They copy the look and feel and even the marketing and trade dress, but cut corners everywhere else. Unsuspecting consumers think they're getting the real thing but under the surface it's missing functionality and quality, or even stealing private information. And just to add to the insult, the ripoff artists copied my user manual and tech support information, so I get all the complaints and help requests. Boggles the mind that this sort of thing could happen but it does.

/ Lane Shark bought by Trail Blazer under Titan ?? #12  
That is sad if they are knocking off Ken's product now too. From the pictures, it looks like they haven't caught up on weld quality though, and the cuts look rough too.

I've had my software products knocked off by foreign companies in China and Russia and it's very frustrating. They copy the look and feel and even the marketing and trade dress, but cut corners everywhere else. Unsuspecting consumers think they're getting the real thing but under the surface it's missing functionality and quality, or even stealing private information. And just to add to the insult, the ripoff artists copied my user manual and tech support information, so I get all the complaints and help requests. Boggles the mind that this sort of thing could happen but it does.
How is your litigation group responding to the infringement?

/ Lane Shark bought by Trail Blazer under Titan ??
I would vote for Lane Shark not being patented and Titan bought one of each (maybe just borrowed), copied the details and outsourced the build.

A fairly direct source says you are correct.

From experience I can tell you that many times a patent can be worked around if it is not written well. In fact, we did that with a competitors product and wound up with a better designed and less expensive product as a result. In our case, we were the little fish in the pond and up against the industry leader. Many times, a larger fish eats the smaller fish. They may buy them out....but only if they have intellectual property and/or a market the bigger fish wants. If the smaller fish has neither....well...

It is called "business". Before you "holier than thou's" start bashing....

It has and will continue to happen....cars, electronics, tractors, hydraulics, etc etc.

I have bought one Titan product and it was the best value out there. I also have bought from Ken...good product as well.

Nailing highly questionable ethics is neither "holier than thou" nor observing good "business."

/ Lane Shark bought by Trail Blazer under Titan ?? #15  
FWIW, I have watched Lane Shark since around inception, and just renewed my interest while watching You Tube vids. Messicks has a fairly recent vid in which Neil explains the difference between Titan attachments and Titan manufacturing(?). He also sells BOTH brands of front mounted mower(s). You Tube: TrailBlazer TB-One Front mount rotary mower(starting at $3895) 46K views...
Having looked fairly closely at both Lane Shark and TrailBlazer attachments, I would tend toward the Trailblazer because of the spring loaded blade tip guard and use of blade bolts that do NOT use lock-nuts.
Messicks seems to want to sell the Trailblazer rear hydraulic 20 gallon auxiliary PTO pump driven added attachment; that is bolted to a 3PH platform, for around $1500 extra.
The Lane Shark seems, at recent scrutiny ,to have added a valve kit , to the LS model LS3, to make sure the tractor hydraulic sump is not 'taxed' by return flow possible foaming when returned to the sump. Seek further details from available sources.
I like the extra 20 gallon independent hydraulics so I would not have a chance of damage to the HST on my machine, and I could also, possibly hook it to my Titan tree shear, which could use more fluid flow than my HST puts out, to speed up the jaws opening/closing function. The tree shear would be better suited to a skid steer if someone wants to give me one to try out?! :)
Hope this helps!

...because of the spring loaded blade tip guard and use of blade bolts that do NOT use lock-nuts.

Hope this helps!

The spring loaded blade tip guards are about the only thing on the Titan units that are not a knock-off plagiarism of the Lane Shark. The Lane Shark now has newer blade bolts and blade carriers (which they provided to me replacing the older design) and the new ones DO NOT use lock-nuts. They have shoulder bolts and cotter key nut retention.

20190504_135140.jpg 20190504_135315.jpg

/ Lane Shark bought by Trail Blazer under Titan ?? #17  
Anyone see any issues with running the hydraulic tank made by Titian with the Lane Shark? There is also a company called Limb Ninja making this unit as well.

Anyone see any issues with running the hydraulic tank made by Titian with the Lane Shark? There is also a company called Limb Ninja making this unit as well.

What does the Titan tank do ? I'm not familiar. Do you mean a tank AND a PTO driven pump or something else ?

/ Lane Shark bought by Trail Blazer under Titan ?? #19  
What does the Titan tank do ? I'm not familiar. Do you mean a tank AND a PTO driven pump or something else ?

Look at post #15. I tracked down that Messick's video Coyote mentioned and it's worth watching.

Look at post #15. I tracked down that Messick's video Coyote mentioned and it's worth watching.

I see -- it does mean both a tank and a PTO driven aux pump.

Each of us of course has different circumstances. One of the main reasons I like the Lane Shark is that I am not forced to remove the bush hog or flail mower or whatever else I have on the back in order to use it. I have a larger non-HST tractor which is happy with the Lane Shark as-is and shows no need for an external reservoir or pump. [ I also have a larger Orsi rear mounted long arm cutter with it's own tank and 2 pumps driven from the PTO if I need to do that but it is a much bigger job to get on and off than the Lane Shark and precludes using other things on the rear concurrently.] So much so that I'll probably sell the Orsi next year if the Lane Shark continues to work well.