Large Enclosed Trailers - Experience and Advice for towing on steep and rough roads

/ Large Enclosed Trailers - Experience and Advice for towing on steep and rough roads
Sorry this took me so long, I couldn't find the blocks for a while. Pretty simple, 2.5 inch square tubing, 1/4 inch. I welded the bolts so I didn't have to mess with washers or backup wrench inside the tube. The torsion axles were originally bolted up into the frame, but also had flanges at 90 degrees. So I bolted these blocks in the original holes in the frame, then used the side flanges to secure the axle. It bothered me when I bought the trailer that the wheels weren't centered in the wells. The side flange holes were offset just enough to relocate the axles to cure this. Otherwise I would have taken the opportunity to do it myself by offsetting the bolts in these blocks.

View attachment 432037

Scott

Thanks for the picture and explanation.

Wayne

/ Large Enclosed Trailers - Experience and Advice for towing on steep and rough roads
There is a stretch of hairpin switchbacks where I live and the pavement is full of scrape marks and every year tandem trailers loose tires...

I've seen tires with low inflation I'm guessing pulled right off the rim.

Buy the best tires and keep them properly inflated is a big help.

ultrarunner

Next time I make it to the section of road I am concerned I will have to get out and inspect the road for scrapes. Agree with keeping tire inflation up to specs to avoid tire damage.

Thanks

Wayne