Large Size Lawn Sweeper? Maybe Vac That Doesn't Break The Bank?

/ Large Size Lawn Sweeper? Maybe Vac That Doesn't Break The Bank? #21  
A thought. This polo field is probably your only customer where you would be using some type of "clipping retrieval" system. Talk to the "polo boys" and see if they might be willing to help in the purchase of a piece of equipment.

Otherwise - you might be breaking the bank for this one customer.

/ Large Size Lawn Sweeper? Maybe Vac That Doesn't Break The Bank? #22  
Some ideas, not if they would do the job though. Try replacing the knives with cup knifes instead of L knifes for a finer cut. Pull a trailer behind to blow into.

If you watch golf course auctions these come up every so often.

Or switch to a rear discharge mower and cut twice a week. The clippings are so small and dispersed they are almost non existent.

/ Large Size Lawn Sweeper? Maybe Vac That Doesn't Break The Bank? #23  
Anyone have or know of a large and rugged lawn type sweeper?
I'm working on the best way to get clippings off of a large, 10 acre, field! I know, it's a field, but these are polo practice fields we try to cut on a shoestring budget!
Clippings cannot be left on the field. Basically if you can see them then they need to go.

The unit must be able to be trailered with the tractor so I have about 82 inches of trailer width to work with.

Doesn't have to be a sweeper but I'm looking for some method to remove the clippings.

Open to any and all suggestions!!!

Hello wirlybird,

In all seriousness, I have a 48 inch cut motorized Mathews Company Lawn Genie pick up mower with a collection hopper and rear roller. The collection hopper is almost a cubic yard in capacity that I will sell you if you want to come and get it in New York.

It has the original 16 horsepower Briggs and Stratton cast iron sleeve gas engine with the original Hilliard centrifugal clutch, it has a single B53? V belt drive method. The wheels and tires were replaced and heavy roller bearings used in the new wheels.

It can also be equipped with dethatching blades as well. The ones I had on it since 1992 are all worn out and I only have the side slicer knives on it now.

The side slicer knives and the dethatching blades can be changed/flipped without tools.