Large Size Lawn Sweeper? Maybe Vac That Doesn't Break The Bank?

/ Large Size Lawn Sweeper? Maybe Vac That Doesn't Break The Bank?
I think a lawn vacuum is your best bet, but you're looking at a couple thousand bucks...
Another possible method would 3PH blower...probably cheaper than the lawn vacuum

IMHO, your best bet is to hire a lawn service

None of the above are "shoe string", but you get what you pay for...
I am the Lawn service! I mostly do brush hogging and stuff like that though.
This stables has been a good customer and this area of service has kind of developed over time.
I'm just trying to figure out a method that will get the desired results and be somewhat reasonable on costs and time.

/ Large Size Lawn Sweeper? Maybe Vac That Doesn't Break The Bank? #12  
Agreed, the amount of time is crazy! A flail will not give a good enough cut. Tried it and ruled it out.

I have seen collection flails mowing cricket fields in Europe. Perhaps the knife type is the key to a perfect cut?

/ Large Size Lawn Sweeper? Maybe Vac That Doesn't Break The Bank? #13  
The cyclone rake works great…..but 3 grand will be invested. Nothings cheap where horses are concerned

/ Large Size Lawn Sweeper? Maybe Vac That Doesn't Break The Bank? #14  
Maybe an Agrimetal tuffvac 4000 would do the job.

I got a agrimetal 4420 and the machine do a great job to remove leafs and thach.

/ Large Size Lawn Sweeper? Maybe Vac That Doesn't Break The Bank? #15  
You can get some good deals on used one on place like agdeel or maketbook.

This kind of equipments are used by golf courses and municipality.

/ Large Size Lawn Sweeper? Maybe Vac That Doesn't Break The Bank? #16  
Well, a Walker GHS would do it. I wouldn't call it ideal for 10 acres of wide open areas, but it would work. My father decided to cut our several acres of field/lawn with a 42" GHS 20 years ago. For 20 years every blade has been collected, and composted. Last summer we had to finally replace the engine (ouch) and it runs like a champ again. My father passed in January, but last summer, my uncle and I made the decision that we're not collecting anymore, so it just blows out the back now... Our place is broken up, with lots of turns, and trimming, so the zero turn isn't a terrible choice, but facing the big open areas is daunting with that little 42" deck...

/ Large Size Lawn Sweeper? Maybe Vac That Doesn't Break The Bank?
I have seen collection flails mowing cricket fields in Europe. Perhaps the knife type is the key to a perfect cut?
I'm sure you are correct and maybe the overall flail is a factor also.

/ Large Size Lawn Sweeper? Maybe Vac That Doesn't Break The Bank? #18  
I can't see anything that would be "cheap". What about a collection system on your current mower. Or a pull behind lawn vacuum. I've seen videos where the lawn vacuum is pulled right behind the riding mower. Cut & vacuum all in one pass.

/ Large Size Lawn Sweeper? Maybe Vac That Doesn't Break The Bank? #19  
It is a bit humorous to see the words "polo" and "cheap" in the same thread.

I put Gator blades on my ZT and they do a good job but I normally only take 1" off per cut. IMO it will be more cost effective to cut more often than collect clippings with a separate operation. A decent ZT will cut mowing time in half and you can cut twice as often for about the same cost.

/ Large Size Lawn Sweeper? Maybe Vac That Doesn't Break The Bank? #20