Larger hydraulic pump for YM2310?

/ Larger hydraulic pump for YM2310? #1  

etpm

Veteran Member
Tractor
yanmar ym2310
Finally, finally, I am getting ready to install the power steering cylinder I bought months ago. Because of the way the valve is actuated on the cylinder I am concerned about a screw breaking if the stock hydraulic pump can't make the cylinder move fast enough. So to be ahead of the game I thought I would look at Hoye and Fredricks's to see if they sold a larger replacement pump that would fit my 2310 if mine can't keep up. But they both only list one pump for my tractor. I thought I read somewhere that a larger pump is available for the 2310. Does anybody here know of one?
Thanks,
Eric

/ Larger hydraulic pump for YM2310? #2  
The only thought I could give you is this, Download several of the YM Parts Manuals and compare the hydraulic pump systems. There are many in the Yanmar - Model Cover Pages thread. Compare the rear housings and cases to the mounted hydraulic pump interfaces. Additionally, note the setup for the suction pipe too. And if the same pump is used on another machine why can it work better? What other enhancements were done by Yanmar.

So, let your search begin. :)