Larn me 'bout in-line square balers such as Challenger/Hesston/Massey

/ Larn me 'bout in-line square balers such as Challenger/Hesston/Massey #1  

High Brook Hills

Bronze Member
Tractor
Case Farmall IH 60
All these balers appear to be made by the same company. I hate the size and manuevering on the side load square bailer and many of them seem to make a bale that is cock-eyed.

What are your experiences? Are these all truly the same machines? The internals appear so much simpler so i would also hope there would be fewer mechanical issues as they age. Are parts interchangeable with conventional side balers?

Thanks!

/ Larn me 'bout in-line square balers such as Challenger/Hesston/Massey #2  
There was a new one in Spokane WA. I think it was a Hesston 1835 or MF. It was priced pretty decent. I'm too broke to be interested in it. I would buy one in heart if I was flush with cash. I think they are good machine, but, I've never own one. I only hay 1-1/4 acres so I'm not much good reference. bjr

/ Larn me 'bout in-line square balers such as Challenger/Hesston/Massey #3  
I have a buddy that owns a big in-line Hesston. He swears by it, but I've never used one myself.
He, and his family, put up several thousand bales per year. They also use a Bale-Bandit behind it, then load the bundles into dry van trailers for transport.

/ Larn me 'bout in-line square balers such as Challenger/Hesston/Massey #4  
They are all the same good balers. Really wanting one myself

/ Larn me 'bout in-line square balers such as Challenger/Hesston/Massey #5  
I have a MF 1835 which is the smallest machine of the group. They are all made by Hesston which is part of Agco which also is the parent company of Massey Ferguson. I have had my baler for 5 years and it functions very well. Make sure twine knives are sharp and windrows are dry enough. I have no idea about the interchangeability of parts. I haven't needed any.

/ Larn me 'bout in-line square balers such as Challenger/Hesston/Massey #6  
Hope that they work good just bought a MF 1837. Guess I will find out next year. From all of the research that I have done they seem to be great.