last blast :(

/ last blast :( #1  

sparc

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 4410, NH TC-25, Bobcat M610, JD X534, Dig-It Model 158, JD Ztrak 737. 6X4 Gator
Well, this weekend was nice and I figured we wouldn't get much snow out of this storm, but it just started snowing a few minutes ago and the forecast is for up to 8 inches by tomorrow night.

Yesterday I took the snow blower off the tractor and its not going back on for this last blast of winter. All our vehicles are 4x4 and the temps will be back in the 50s in another day or two so I don't expect it will hang around long.

/ last blast :( #2  
the winter that won't go away
below 0 around here this am again, a foot of snow last wednesday,
a few more inches over the weekend, cold again tonight, single digits..
i think just about everybody has had enough!

/ last blast :( #3  
You could always slim down to couple inches from surface w/FEL or back blade...I wouldn't count on old man winter leaving anytime to soon.

/ last blast :( #5  
It's not spring yet.
More snow means more tractor seat time.
That's a good thing, isn't it?
Always look for the silver lining.

/ last blast :( #6  
2 weekends ago, it was about locating a dead, but solid birch, to cut up and replenish the wood pile, which is running low due to all the below zero weather.

Then we get 14" of snow and the next weekend I forget the exact location of the remainder of the tree. The shear bolt on my snowblower found it, though.

/ last blast :(
We ended up with 5 inches and a bit of slush. Not that bad overall and it will be gone soon so I'm not doing anything with it. Walks are clear and that's enough.

More seat time is always good, but the tractor with loader and back blade is at the other property, the lawn tractor does the snowblower duty here at the house on the driveway.

/ last blast :( #9  
The old farmer's saying. "If the snow sticks to the north side of the tree, winter is over" I think that's how it goes. Haven't seen is yet.

namyessam