latest Ford Bronco? Need reviews.

/ latest Ford Bronco? Need reviews. #1  

ArlyA

Houghton MI (the Lake Superior snow belt) USA
Tractor
Polaris Boss 6x6 with pods (tracks) Center actuating lawn mower by Husky
We are looking (or dreaming?) about getting the latest greatest Bronco. If you have one of any style, please tell us what you think of it
1695908432550.jpeg

/ latest Ford Bronco? Need reviews. #2  
I really wanted one; used to have a 1973 so nostalgia perhaps. But I did a lot of reading, especially on this site: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/. That scared me off. Way too many problems for someone like me who lives and drives in very remote country.

But if you'll not be using it hard off-road it would probably be just fine. You can also look at Matt's Off-road recovery https://www.youtube.com/@MattsOffRoadRecovery. He has had to recover several of these with broken front end components...but those were all in pretty rough country.

/ latest Ford Bronco? Need reviews.
I really wanted one; used to have a 1973 so nostalgia perhaps. But I did a lot of reading, especially on this site: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/. That scared me off. Way too many problems for someone like me who lives and drives in very remote country.

But if you'll not be using it hard off-road it would probably be just fine. You can also look at Matt's Off-road recovery https://www.youtube.com/@MattsOffRoadRecovery. He has had to recover several of these with broken front end components...but those were all in pretty rough country.
We don't really do the off-road kinda thing. Do get snow need to get to work.

/ latest Ford Bronco? Need reviews. #4  
We don't really do the off-road kinda thing. Do get snow need to get to work.

Then absolutely. Put some good skinny snow/ice rated tires on it and it should be unstoppable.

/ latest Ford Bronco? Need reviews. #5  
In as much as my BIL is a high ranking corporate Fords employee, I know a bit about Fords stuff from talking to him a lot and he told me if I wanted one, actually it's my wife, not me but I told her she would have to trade in or sell outright her Suburban LTZ as insurance is already stupid here in Michigan and we really cannot afford an ever higher insurance payment anyway. He told us to wait a couple years until FoMoCo got the bugs worked out. They are stupid expensive anyway.

/ latest Ford Bronco? Need reviews. #6  
Are you looking for the full sized, or the Bronco Sport?

/ latest Ford Bronco? Need reviews. #7  
I might ad, Hopefully NOT a Bronco 2 as they are nothing but a sheet metal transplant on the Explorer chassis and not off road capable at all except maybe for snowy asphalt roads and wannabe macho drivers. To me, they look like little odd colored turds and avoid the optioned out "Raptor' version. it's loaded with 'gee-gaw' stuff you don't need and the price is way up there too. Amy bought her low mileage off lease Burb for less than one (Bronco) costs and her Burb it is 4wd is just as capable on road and limited off road as the Bronco is, plus it rides way better and has way more room inside and even with the third row seating up, you still have at least 5 foot of cargo room in the back. With the seats folded flat, you have over 8 feet in the back plus the Burb is a well established production vehicle and neither the Bronco or the Burb gets good gas mileage anyway.

Was talking to a design engineer at GM's training and product center up on Mound Road the other day and he told me the best vehicle GM builds is the Suburban and he owns one as well. They are difficult to find off lease, be apprised of that. You have a full ladder frame plus excellent side and front protection, basically an enclosed pickup truck and Amy's has more air bags than I've ever seen before. Just had them all upgraded by the dealer due to the air bag fiasco at no cost to her either and her selling dealer has good cream filled doughnuts and coffee too...lol

Again, just my personal observations and what I hear from my BIL.

/ latest Ford Bronco? Need reviews.
Then absolutely. Put some good skinny snow/ice rated tires on it and it should be unstoppable.
I think we have some bronco drivers here I'm hoping will post. We run actual snow tires here for 4 months of the year. Most people here do that.

/ latest Ford Bronco? Need reviews. #9  
We've had our Bronco 2 door (the REAL one) for about a year and have 16,000 miles on it now. Wow, what a vehicle. Rides and handles great with the Sasquatch package. We went with the 2.7L V6 and it is a powerhouse, beating the EPA numbers at 20-21 mpg. Ours is Eruption Green with the Black Diamond trim, which has vinyl seats and a rubber floor. Even with the hardtop, there is wind noise, but not a deal breaker.

We drove it out to Moab pulling our small camper (3500 lbs.) through the mountains without breaking a sweat. Once there, off-roading was incredible with the front and rear lockers. What was surprising was the suppleness of the suspension, much better than our old Wrangler.

It hasn't been back to the dealer for any warranty issues. The build quality is pretty good. No squeaks/rattles and the body panels fit well. We'd buy it again.

/ latest Ford Bronco? Need reviews. #10  
I have a 95’ full size that was my daily driver for over 20 years..200 miles round trip..
Has over 300k on the odometer.!! I change the oil EVERY 3000 miles..
In March I got a stupid good deal on an F-150 4x4 and couldn’t pass it up.. so I parked the bronco and start it up every 2 weeks..
Every customer that comes to the shop tries to buy it..
I have a customer that has a full size and wants 7500.00 for it.. it starts right up, runs and drives..(mines better tho)
I wouldn’t own a new one..
To me, they’re uglier than a cats “balloon knot”.!!