Latest grab by auto manufactures

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #11  
I know what you're saying but to me it's the same as AC. When I first started driving many decades ago ( shortly after horse and buggy :) ), none of my cars had AC or power windows...just something else to break. Once I started getting vehicles with AC and PW, it got to the point they were almost a necessity.
I use remote start all the time in the winter, I'm a firm believer in letting the vehicle run for a bit when cold. In the summer I don't often use the remote start but when I start my truck, I'll sit there for a couple minutes with it running...........M
What is this "winter" of which you speak? I live in Texas. Get in car. Push button. It starts. Part of the reason I only visit up nort' in the summer. When we lived elsewhere, vehicles were in a garage...garage rarely dropped below 40. (I spent about 1/2 my life well north of Iowa, in a few states)

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #12  
Just read GM,Subaru and others now are going to have a mandatory subscription for;heated seats,remote start ect.Can you imagine!Unreal.In GM's case you are forced to purchase OnStar,no choice rolled into the price.
I was considering a trade,this may be enough for me(and a lot of others) not too.High end luxury
vehicles have had this for a while.
My wife had a car with heated seats. I'd accidentally turn them on in summer and couldn't get them off. It was a very.uncomfortable.experience.

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #14  
My wife had a car with heated seats. I'd accidentally turn them on in summer and couldn't get them off. It was a very.uncomfortable.experience.
On long drives, I’ll turn the seat heater on high for about half an hour, regardless of the season. Feels good on my back.

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #15  
Computer on wheels...
Computer wore tennis shoes…

5E7A7A5D-230D-4F95-A9F7-A6EBE11F1D1F.jpeg

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #16  
I like that movie and remember the winning debate question was answered by chance when the computer failed.

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #17  
Everyone has a vote on this subject. If you don't like it, the don't buy it. If enough people refuse to buy into this b.s., then it will

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #19  
mandatory subscription
The way to deal with that is to not buy their crap.

A year ago I was reading something about how people were sick and tired of all the software companies switching to subscriptions instead of standalone software.
I remember feeling very good about not using any microsoft or apple garbage.
In Linux there is more and better software and all of it is free.
I tell people this all the time. I show them my OS and let them play with it, I show them the various software packages etc.. So far I have achieved a conversion rate of ZERO.

People are funny. They get used to taking the beating and actually experience discomfort at the prospect of no more beatings, no more abuse, opening their cage fills them with dread.