Latest grab by auto manufactures

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #391  
. . .??? Both the same key what do you think happens when you hit a bump and the finger of the left touches something? Or was that a .

who Cares get a life!

Janet

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #392  
👨‍🎓

🏅

🏆

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #393  
Sorry your more recent post got 86'd... tried to like it but couldn't ;)

I gave up on my Garmin. Even with updates it went into a "spin" when approaching Indy on westbound 74 because of not so recent construction changes. Then would send me on the loop all the way around the city for a location that was only a couple miles from the exit nearest the "spin".

Coming back from that location it was fine which was how I learned that I was routed the long way. I guess it also had a "senior moment" like Scranton.
Got to try a randmcnally today side by side with the garmin. My thoughts, they are both terrible!

Janet

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #394  
Sorry if this was posted but I saw where GM is going to make the “optional “ On Star a 3 year mandatory option. Kind of an oxymoron that costs you a cool $1200. It’s not on everything but Buicks, GMC’s and some Cadillacs.

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #395  
My friend recently bought a brand new Ford truck after seeing how much I liked mine.
Well he just sold it off and bought an old pre-emission Ram Cummins again (his 3rd or 4th? that he will do a full body off frame restoration)
His reason.....I don't like all the electronics in this new truck.

I think you will be seeing a lot of people doing this.

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #396  
My friend recently bought a brand new Ford truck after seeing how much I liked mine.
Well he just sold it off and bought an old pre-emission Ram Cummins again (his 3rd or 4th? that he will do a full body off frame restoration)
His reason.....I don't like all the electronics in this new truck.

I think you will be seeing a lot of people doing this.
The new electronic everything has caused a major downgrade in vehicle reliability in the past couple years. Checking the Consumer Reports charts wherein people report on the vehicles they own, electronic problems are far and away the most prominent. I have been wanting to get something more comfortable than my 16 year old Jeep Wrangler, so shopping for either a new Jeep or the new Bronco. The results of my research are scary! Who would want a vehicle meant to be driven far from the beaten path that disables itself when it detects something wrong with the electronics? From one of the Jeep forums - what a message to see on your Jeep's dash display out in the middle of nowhere!
Jeep warning.jpg

And from the new Bronco forum. Guy was very embarrassed - had to be towed out by two Jeeps:
Bronco disabled.jpg

In several of the videos posted by Matt's Off-Road Towing and Recovery, they have problems with vehicles that go into limp mode because the electronics cannot recognize that the vehicle is in soft sand. They posted a video just this morning with a Ram pickup that they could not get out of park because the engine would not run - so that rotary dial "shifter" on the dash wouldn't work.

Think I'll stay with my old Jeep. Still a lever to pull the transfer case into 4wd, no dial to let the computer know I am driving on snow or sand or rocks. Dependability to me is still #1.

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #397  
Sorry if this was posted but I saw where GM is going to make the “optional “ On Star a 3 year mandatory option. Kind of an oxymoron that costs you a cool $1200. It’s not on everything but Buicks, GMC’s and some Cadillacs.

That would be a mandatory no buy.

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #398  
...........not get out of park because the engine would not run - so that rotary dial "shifter" on the dash wouldn't work.
I agree with you 100%.
In that case you mentioned, there is a yellow lever behind a small removeable door to the lower left of the steering column. Give that a yank and ur in neutral.
Electronics make things comfortable as long as they work. When they don't you're in a world of $$$ to get it fixed.
Me, I'll take having to throw a set of points and a condenser in every 20K. Do I need electronics to turn on my wipers, set my cab temperature, put the car in park if I open the door so on and so on, not a chance.......M

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #399  
Me, I'll take having to throw a set of points and a condenser in every 20K. Do I need electronics to turn on my wipers, set my cab temperature, put the car in park if I open the door so on and so on, not a chance.......M
I like electronic ignition and a lot of other things which have been introduced in the last 30 years. Some things though, not so much. Traction control and stabiltrack are a PITA. Electronic steering and brakes are downright scary. I don't even like ABS and used to disable it until I realized how much grief that would cause if I ever was involved in an accident. It takes 15 seconds for my Colorado to shift into 4WD... often I only need it engaged for 1/2 of that time.

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #400  
… They posted a video just this morning with a Ram pickup that they could not get out of park because the engine would not run - so that rotary dial "shifter" on the dash wouldn't work.
There’s a workaround.