Laundry Washing Machine Lint Filter & Septic Field

/ Laundry Washing Machine Lint Filter & Septic Field #31  
Microplastics is considered an environmental problem by many people. If you smoke a carton of unfiltered cigarettes daily then you won't perceive any problems.
"Many people" also make a hobby out of things to get worked up about. I think of it rather like some of the carcinogen scares 40 years ago. Some scientists fed lab rats overwhelming high doses of various products and the declared those products carcinogenic. Problem was that you couldn't reasonably consume the doses that caused the problem.

/ Laundry Washing Machine Lint Filter & Septic Field #32  
Seems silly? Fish and other animals poop in the water? All land animals, including humans, poop in the woods.
Bears as well!
😊

/ Laundry Washing Machine Lint Filter & Septic Field #33  
If you don't use bleach or high temp water you should at least dry your clothes at high temperature to kill the stuff.
Ironing works, too. I've used it where clothes were sun/air dried, and of course insects laid eggs in the clothes. Insect eggs and the resulting maggots are why I don't air dry clothes any longer here. It is a personal revulsion thing for me, not a particular health issue here. Other places that I have lived, what hatches out would be a threat to your health.

At some level, if you are healthy, and those around you are healthy, and nobody is pointing out objectionable odors, air drying really an issue?

All the best,

Peter

/ Laundry Washing Machine Lint Filter & Septic Field #34  
Sure glad we moved out of the Bay Area when I was a kid. We air dry a lot and rarely find an insect on clothes. Never larvae. Only risk is random air raids from passing avians.

/ Laundry Washing Machine Lint Filter & Septic Field #35  
Ironing works, too. I've used it where clothes were sun/air dried, and of course insects laid eggs in the clothes. Insect eggs and the resulting maggots are why I don't air dry clothes any longer here. It is a personal revulsion thing for me, not a particular health issue here. Other places that I have lived, what hatches out would be a threat to your health.

At some level, if you are healthy, and those around you are healthy, and nobody is pointing out objectionable odors, air drying really an issue?

All the best,

Peter
Do people actually iron their tighty whities?

/ Laundry Washing Machine Lint Filter & Septic Field #37  

All the best,

Peter
What insects lay eggs in cloths except for wool moths?

/ Laundry Washing Machine Lint Filter & Septic Field #38  
My neighbor did in Germany. She ironed everything to include socks and t-shirts.
I would say somebody was a little little bit ****….
You can take that anyway you might want to

/ Laundry Washing Machine Lint Filter & Septic Field
Looks like this thread went off the tracks!

/ Laundry Washing Machine Lint Filter & Septic Field #40  
It always amazes me how people expect a discussion to just be focused on what THEY think the discussion should be!!