Lawn / Leaf Vacuum

/ Lawn / Leaf Vacuum #11  
My DR 9.0 Premier works well. I bought it used in 2008, and I had no problems last fall dealing with a lot of trees, mostly ash and maple and a few of my neighbor's pine cones. It takes me about 1.5 hours to clear about 1.25 acres of leaf litter. I keep my speed down for a better pick up. Much of the time is the unloading. I would say that if you don't have a strong back, it is probably best with any of these leaf vacs to (1) fill 1/2 - 3/4; (2) unload some before trying to tip the cart; or (3) tip and pull forward a bit. A fully loaded cart with even dry leaves weighs a ton. I have seen that CR is selling a hydraulic lift for what it's worth.

If my grass gets too long in the summer, I cut my grass and then use the DR to suck up any rows of clippings. I stopped using a bagger that needed to be emptied frequently.

/ Lawn / Leaf Vacuum #12  
I have seen that CR is selling a hydraulic lift for what it's worth.

Actually, they now offer two electric lifts with batteries, but they're expensive. I think the smaller unit is about $250. Makes sense for elderly folks or those with bad backs since, as stated, these vac carts can get very heavy, espcially with wet leaves (like I had last weekend).

To the OP, I'm very happy with my Cyclone Rake - on my 6th fall season with it and no issues. I too thought the no jacknife trailer hookup was weird, but you get use to it and the need to "think" before making turns. I have it hooked to my wheel horse at this point, so the overall length is less than what you'd have with a SCUT with 3PH setup.

/ Lawn / Leaf Vacuum #13  
I have a PTO powered TRAC-Vac on my JD2210. I really like the fact there is no extra engine to maintain. Bought it used. A fair amount of my mowing is tight around trees so I am not real fond of Dragging the trailer around. Right now I have a 96 galllon garbage can mounted to the back and it works pretty well. Would like to get some kind of Clam shell Hydraulic auto dump mechanism fabricated for it. Something for the future!!.

/ Lawn / Leaf Vacuum #14  
I have an 8.5 DR vac and do about 3 to 4 acres of oak leafs. It works great and is better than baggers on the back of a mower but it does take up a look of room. I recommend it if you have a mowers to pull it.

I'm not sure if it will fit on a side discharger for a pull behind finishing mower by if you call them they will know.

/ Lawn / Leaf Vacuum #15  
I just picked up a used Trac-vac 462, spent last night getting it mounted to the 3pt. Tonite I should have it hooked to the deck and ready to try out. This model has the single garbage can. It may require more trips to dump but it should be better than raking...