Lawn Sweeper

/ Lawn Sweeper #1  

ChuckT

Gold Member
Tractor
Yanmar YM1510D
Wifie would like to get a tow behind Lawn Sweeper. Anybody have experience with the Northern Tool Ohio Steel Sweepers?

/ Lawn Sweeper #2  
I haven't used a NT sweeper but I posted a similar question awhile back about sweepers in general..
AGRI FAB was the consensus as the most celebrated sweeper at the time..
I think I got my 1st one from Sears & I liked it & it lasted.. but the dam thing wasn't fire proof.!! {lol}
I have a Ohio Steel STILL in the box..{xmas present} JUST GOT IT TODAY..

/ Lawn Sweeper
Pump Guy when you open it up please let me know what you think of it. Florida sand lawns are hard on most equipment. And if I get one for Wifie I want to be getting a good one.

/ Lawn Sweeper #4  
I KNOW whatcha mean.. same here.. Centipede grass, pine needles & sand..
Might be awhile.. its cold here..

/ Lawn Sweeper #6  
I have had several lawn sweepers over the years and the only one that lasted was the Parker. BUT, they are four or five times more expensive than other brands and I wouldn't have bought it if the insurance company hadn't paid for it after the other one burned in a fire.

RSKY

/ Lawn Sweeper #7  
I have an Ari-Fab lawn sweeper I bought to sweep up lawn clippings to use as mulch in the garden, around my plants. While it worked just OK, I might suggest checking Craigslist, or the, if you belong, the FaceBook marketplace, for a lawnvac. I bought this used one last summer for $200.00. Just needed a new gas cap, and tank repair, plus I buffed the flywheel magnets, and pickup, and a new plug. It picks up at least twice as much grass clippings, and leaves in a single pass. On top of that, it has to hold 10 times as much as a lawn sweeper.

I pull it with a lawn tractor strictly dedicated for that purpose. It does a much better job, when you wait the next day, when the grass dry's out. It will pick it up green well too.

Attachments

• DSC02185.JPG
    DSC02185.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 129
   / Lawn Sweeper #8  
I haven't used a NT sweeper but I posted a similar question awhile back about sweepers in general..
AGRI FAB was the consensus as the most celebrated sweeper at the time..
I think I got my 1st one from Sears & I liked it & it lasted.. but the dam thing wasn't fire proof.!! {lol}
I have a Ohio Steel STILL in the box..{xmas present} JUST GOT IT TODAY..

I've had two Agri fabs. Liked both but be careful and don't strip the plastic cogs inside your wheels.

/ Lawn Sweeper #9  
Are you talking powered or not powered, or a vac?

I have a Smyth, pull behind bin/sweeper with HONDA power. Works good, but keeping the brush at the right height for varying terrain can be a challenge.

I once had a ground powered push type, same technology as a ground powered pull type, and I wouldn't give you a dime for it.

/ Lawn Sweeper #10  
Are you talking powered or not powered, or a vac?

I have a Smyth, pull behind bin/sweeper with HONDA power. Works good, but keeping the brush at the right height for varying terrain can be a challenge.

I once had a ground powered push type, same technology as a ground powered pull type, and I wouldn't give you a dime for it.

The pull type sweeper (ZTR Bobcat). Lots of sand on the coastal plain of central Ga. Causes it to drag and the internal metal cog stripped all the plastic out in the wheel. Other than that, no problem. My mower picks up enough sand when mowing, I'd hate to see what a vac would do. Professional sandblasting. If it's set at the right height, it'll even pick up the pine straw.