leaf/grass collection possibilities

/ leaf/grass collection possibilities #21  
i am not allowed to make posts like that anymore Sedgwood is accusing me of fluffing and Charlie is smiling on his molars ...but schultzi ..... PLEASE mooooooooooooore pictures .... someday soon my pictures will be here

/ leaf/grass collection possibilities #22  
Well I was mistaken about the hose size of my grass/leaf collection. It is 6". If it were 8" I think it would be much better, because heavy spring grass will clog it easily if you mow to fast. Also fall clean up will plug it you pic up a stick that can lodge in the pipe, that another good reason for mowing first, it's shreds the stick up too. Another thing I should mention is the Ingersoll lawnvac were only for the 48" mowers. I adapted mine to fit the 60" mower. In the spring if I use it, I usually just slow down or take a smaller bite and things work fine. The hydraulic motor on this attachment is different from all the other attachments; it freewheels when the PTO is shut off. The tiller for instance will stop immediately and not allow you to move it. I think this is necessary to keep the paddle wheel in once piece. The PTO on my tractor supplies about 9.5 GPM @ 3600rpm. That’s what the textbook calculation is from the pump spec, but I bet it something less when efficiency’s are included. Any other questions, or if you want other pics let me know.

Attachments

• 54-215543-Lawnvac1.JPG
    54-215543-Lawnvac1.JPG
    142.8 KB · Views: 136
   / leaf/grass collection possibilities #23  
here's the 2nd pic

Attachments

• 54-215544-Lawnvac.JPG
    54-215544-Lawnvac.JPG
    114.1 KB · Views: 135
   / leaf/grass collection possibilities #24  
thanks very much ... if you have time .... next spring pos. an action shot please.

/ leaf/grass collection possibilities #25  
As I mentioned before - I have not yet mounted the blower
/ or built the hopper - I was going to use a trac vac blower
that I already own (8hp) - I thought about doing what you
did (unit looks nice and heavy) - but I don't think I have the hydraulic flow to run it as well as the deck - certainly not with the 400 series - maybe with the 1430 or 1845 - which I am looking at moving to - would be nice to not have to deal with another engine - thanks for the pictures and input