Leak in the 3rd function box

/ Leak in the 3rd function box #1  

Atchuuu

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L4330 HSTC
Hello all,

I had some guys putting up a shop on my property. They used my tractor for a few things. Afterwards I noticed one of the fittings on the WR Long 3rd function was dripping hydraulic oil. The fitting is loose and I am now low on hydraulic fluid. Could have been unrelated as the remote was not connected to anything and there was no reason to use the controls.

Can anyone point me to how to replace/repair this? How do I remove box from tractor.

Thank you

Attachments

• WR Long.JPG
    WR Long.JPG
    202.4 KB · Views: 147
   / Leak in the 3rd function box
Second photo

Attachments

• WR long 2.JPG
    WR long 2.JPG
    204.6 KB · Views: 82
   / Leak in the 3rd function box #3  
I cannot tell from pictures exactly where the leak is but removing the four bolts located in the holes next to the black electrical housing will allow the valve to be lifted off the sub plate. This should allow access to the leak point.

be careful to not lose any of the O-rings in the bottom of the valve.

/ Leak in the 3rd function box
Thank you. Leak is located at the 90 degree fitting on the bottom house. The 90 is really loose. Not sure if it broke off or became unscrewed.

/ Leak in the 3rd function box #5  
Is the leak where the fittings screws into the housing- valve mounting plate? If yes it looks like they are an SAE O-ring boss style fitting where there is a jam nut that is used to lock the fitting in the desired orientation. If this nut it lose the O-ring is most likely compromised and you will have to remove the fitting to replace the O-ring. You can try tightening the jam nut first to see if leak stops.

if you have to remove fitting to replace O-ring make sure the jam nut is backed off enough that the O-ring sits in the unthreaded area of fitting shank. Then screw fitting into the proper orientation and tighten the jam nut.

another thing to check or consider if this is an SAE fitting is it what direction is the hose trying to turn that elbow during use. When a hose it pressurized it swells slightly which has tendency to make them shorter. In looking at the pictures the pulling down towards the fender would try and loosen that fitting.

Last edited: