leaking fitting...

/ leaking fitting...
I'm not sure how that all works with the warranty and all. He bought it from private sale on craigslist and not from a dealer. Don't know if that matters or not. Nearest dealer is about an hour away for him. Anyways, I appeciate all the responses, maybe a service manual is in order as well... :)

/ leaking fitting... #12  
I'm not sure how that all works with the warranty and all. He bought it from private sale on craigslist and not from a dealer. Don't know if that matters or not. Nearest dealer is about an hour away for him. Anyways, I appeciate all the responses, maybe a service manual is in order as well... :)
Doesn't matter if you bought it from a private seller. Warranty is still warranty. Just like buying a used car that's still under warranty.

That's why I mentioned that something like this is fixable on site so the dealership could just come to him and fix it

/ leaking fitting... #13  
my XR4150 was leaking there and I was able to tighten it just a little bit and it quit leaking.

/ leaking fitting... #14  
that's not for steering. the steering pump is in front of it.

/ leaking fitting... #15  
Hi Guys -

A friend of mine just bought a used LS MT352 (so jealous) with 25 hours on it. It seems to have a fairly good leak on one of the fitting on the right-hand side of the engine. I'm not familiar enough with the machine to say if its oil line or hydraulic (I think hydraulic). My question is, is there a way to tighten up this fitting without removing the line that it is attached to? Picture attached. Its leaking between the hex nut and the fitting (where the yellow line is). I'm fairly mechanical, and looking at how this is all plumbed, I think the line needs to be disconnected in order to tighten that fitting. Is there an o-ring or something in there that might be cut?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Joe
remove p.s hose from pump and push it out. remove hyr. pipe from leaking fitting/remove under cab or plat form. remove elbow from pump. oring is blown though bach up washer. replace with smaller ID o ring. I have done 4 of these