Leather boot got soaked in diesel fuel. Will it be OK?

/ Leather boot got soaked in diesel fuel. Will it be OK? #11  
If they are Model 1178 I will say they are not hurt from that spill.

I have a pair that are 40 years old. Three newer pair and they have been through everything.

/ Leather boot got soaked in diesel fuel. Will it be OK? #12  
I've spilled diesel on my pair of Redwings. After they dry - use a good boot oil on them. They will be OK. The smell leaves after a while.

/ Leather boot got soaked in diesel fuel. Will it be OK?
They are the now-discontinued 952 leather farm boot in 6" height. It's all leather like the 953, 8". Here's a pic of the boot this morning. Odd but almost no smell and only a passing whiff of scent. It must be the oil and wax I put on when I first got them. Guess I'll wear them and be happy.

IMG_1134.jpg

These were intended to be my "nice" boots for going into town. Seems that never works.

/ Leather boot got soaked in diesel fuel. Will it be OK? #14  
I suspect the diesel on your boots will be there pretty much forever. The odor will go away, faster if you left them out in the sun on a few warm days.

The diesel isn't a bad thing though in my opinion. Helps with the waterproofing and probably keeps your boots limber. I spray mine down frequently with WD-40. That makes the look 'nice' and waterproof at the same time.

/ Leather boot got soaked in diesel fuel. Will it be OK? #15  
I spray mine down frequently with WD-40. That makes the look 'nice' and waterproof at the same time.
I prefer PB Blaster. It has a better smell--Sort of a manly wintergreen. ;)

/ Leather boot got soaked in diesel fuel. Will it be OK? #16  
I stepped in a drain pan of oil. Almost completely immersed the boot. Took some rags and wiped off the excess and kept going because I was at work.

A few days later, I notice a rash on the top of my foot. Tried some over the counter remedy's to no improvement. The rash went away when I stopped wearing the boots.

YMMV

/ Leather boot got soaked in diesel fuel. Will it be OK? #18  
That's what I was thinking - Newbury. But perhaps some type of boot oil rather than diesel. I rather like the look of the darker boot.

"Going to town boot" - - what I currently have on my feet is what I wear to town. I doubt many merchants would care. It certainly makes no difference to me.

Besides my Mucks sort of go well with my stained bibs.

/ Leather boot got soaked in diesel fuel. Will it be OK? #19  
A brown sock on the left foot and a black sock on the right and you'll be ready for town.

/ Leather boot got soaked in diesel fuel. Will it be OK? #20  
Better leave the boots outside for while.