AndyMA

Elite Member
Tractor
Ford 2120 , Kubota MX5200 , Deere X748SE. 1956 Economy Tractor
IMG_2132.JPGIMG_2133.JPGIMG_2135.JPGIMG_2145.JPG

/ Leaves Day 2
4th picture shows after a few years composting

/ Leaves Day 2 #3  
We have a county wide leaf pick up program. It has been the subject of much political debate. In any event many of the leaves are still on the trees. We just had our first snow. So getting the leaves to the curb will be an issue for many. So of course they wont get picked up. The contractor is on a fixed price contract so more profit in his pocket.

/ Leaves Day 2 #4  
Only got one tree on all my 80 acres with leaves - some type of ornamental flowering cherry. The remainder are ancient Ponderosa pines. Too late this year to do a needle clean up - got snow on the ground. It will be a spring project to get all the needles off the lawns.

/ Leaves Day 2 #5  
I use them to mulch around my garden plants. Great weed suppression, plus adds organic material to the garden. My neighbor has a lawn service, and has a leaf pickup trailer, with a 16' long bed, and 8'sides. He was bringing me 8-10 loads a year, until he showed his wife that runs a CSA in the summer how well it works. So she now gets over half of them, to save her the labor of weeding her vegetable garden. Gotta' take care of Momma'..!!

Last summer with all of the rain, and grass growing like crazy, I decided to try mulching with grass. Kept my eye out for a Mow & Vac to pick it up with. Found a good used one that needed some minor repair for $200, on FB Marketplace. Made a boot for my Sears ST10, I bought relatively cheap, and paired them up to harvest lawn clippings. Works great, and sure saves a lot of labor keeping weeds out of the garden..!!
DSC02184.JPG13612133_10209858181430658_7121113114590846888_n.jpgDSC02185.JPG

/ Leaves Day 2 #6  
We have a county wide leaf pick up program. It has been the subject of much political debate. In any event many of the leaves are still on the trees. We just had our first snow. So getting the leaves to the curb will be an issue for many. So of course they wont get picked up. The contractor is on a fixed price contract so more profit in his pocket.

The leaves in most of our neighborhood don't get picked up by that guy anyway. They make the 1st pass well before the leaves fall, then everyone burns them, then he makes his next pass. I could tell you stories about that guy. I went to high school with him...... he was two years behind me and friends with my best friend. Oh man... I can't go into it. :laughing:

/ Leaves Day 2
We have a great leaf pickup program. Week before Thanksgiving. Front leaves go to street. Rest go to compost pile

/ Leaves Day 2 #8  
I have an awesome program at my place. It's called "blow them into the woods"

My entire property is forest. I clean off my small lawns, driveway, parking area and around my outbuilding. It all just goes out and becomes worm food.

/ Leaves Day 2 #9  
I move leaves up hill every year. Collect many bucket fulls and haul up past the tree line.
Leaf-bucket.jpg Leaf Bucket.jpg

/ Leaves Day 2 #10  
I mulch them in place. I race around with the zero turn about every 3 days when there coming down fast. We got 8in of snow a few days ago and that ended fall clean up quick.