LED light bar for 1025R FILB

/ LED light bar for 1025R FILB #1  

nikdfish

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere 3038E & 1025R FILB
Finally added a new worklight to the 1025R ROP.

1025R-ROP-LED-1.jpg

I had been bugged a bit by the way the FEL blocks the headlights on the few occasions I'd had to be working at night (& usually in bad weather ...) and wanted to mount something high enough to shine over it.

I picked up a 22" flood/spot combo LED bar via Amazon. Nominal specs are 40 3W emitters, w/ 16 on the outer edge being flood & 24 across the center being spot, 8.4 amp draw @ 12v. Supply voltage OK 10 - 30 volts. Caught it marked down to about $36 delivered via Amazon Prime & thought it was worth a try. (The product page at Amazon can be found here:
Amazon.com: Cutequeen Trading Universal 10v-30v Dc 120w 22" Rectangle 6000-6500 LED Spot Light for Tractor Marine Off-road Lighting Rv Atv(pack of 1): Automotive)

I ended up using a piece of 1/8" 1.5"x1.5" aluminum angle for the mount. A couple of holes for two 2" square U-bolts and two slots for the lamp mounting was all the fabrication required.

1025R-ROP-LED-2.jpg

1025R-ROP-LED-3.jpg

The wire got routed through the ROP, entering via the existing hole in the top. I ended up using some string trimmer material to fish through the tube & pull the wire through. Previous attempts let me know that there were some sharp edges present, so I used a double wrapped layer of electrical tape as a sheath over the pair of 14 AWG I used.

1025R-ROP-LED-4.jpg

I routed it out through the hole in the side of the lower ROP tube & from there to the existing capped bullet plug pair for a rear worklight. I didn't locate these first, if I had I would have routed through the right side of the ROP rather than the left side since the pair are by the lower right side of the ROP. :banghead:

Any way, It works! When the switch is placed in the worklight position, the LED bar comes on along with the fender lights.

1025R-ROP-LED-5.jpg

It turns out a 22" bar is the largest size that will fit within the upper ROP. There is just enough clearance that, if desired, I can loosen the allen screws on the side of the lamp mounts and rotate the light up & around to point to the rear if I ever need to use the backhoe at night...

Nick

/ LED light bar for 1025R FILB #2  
Looks Good.
I have the same light on the front of my Rops also, I have have had it for a few years now with no problems. they throw a lot of light.
I also have square 50 watt flood led light for the rear of the Rops.

/ LED light bar for 1025R FILB
Here's what it looks like in the dark -

Headlights only:
1025R-ROP-LED-6.jpg

Headlights + light bar:
1025R-ROP-LED-7.jpg

The difference is actually greater than the photos show. The camera dials down the exposure time when the LED is on, making the picture look less bright - note the difference in how the instrument panel looks - you cannot see the backlighting at all in the LED - on pic and the gauge is sharper due to the shorter exposure. The shadow in the headlight only view was what I was aiming to eliminate...

Nick