Canopy LED light replacement for cab M7040 of other

/ LED light replacement for cab M7040 of other #11  
Carlhwv,

Thanks for posting what you did. It will be interesting to get your impression after you use them a while.

/ LED light replacement for cab M7040 of other #12  
For the M7040, give yourself a present with a LED conversion for the inside cab roof light.

Remove the bulb and the adapter goes into the bulb contacts to power a rectangular array of small leds which remain inside the light lens.

When you open the cab door in the winter, having the bright light is sure nice.

OZ-USA(R) Dome LED 48 T1 BA15S 12V Bulb Light Panel Conversion Kit | eBay

Less than $10

Dave M7040

/ LED light replacement for cab M7040 of other
For the M7040, give yourself a present with a LED conversion for the inside cab roof light.

Remove the bulb and the adapter goes into the bulb contacts to power a rectangular array of small leds which remain inside the light lens.

When you open the cab door in the winter, having the bright light is sure nice.

OZ-USA(R) Dome LED 48 T1 BA15S 12V Bulb Light Panel Conversion Kit | eBay

Less than $10

Dave M7040

$4.99, with free shipping. Thanks Dave. I quit trying to figure the weather out any more...I just know it was really cold for MD. Received the LEDs and install took 1 minute..everything required was included. I can actually see things on the floor of the cab at night. Get inexpensive upgrade.

/ LED light replacement for cab M7040 of other #14  
$4.99, with free shipping. Thanks Dave. I quit trying to figure the weather out any more...I just know it was really cold for MD. Received the LEDs and install took 1 minute..everything required was included. I can actually see things on the floor of the cab at night. Get inexpensive upgrade.

I bought the same LED for the dome and was wondering how you mounted the LED inside the housing? There isn't a flat spot to mount using the 2-Sided tape. Did you just lay it inside the dome cover?

Perhaps the photos will help describe the situation.

IMG_0118.JPG

Sorry for the flipped picture below.
IMG_0121.JPG

/ LED light replacement for cab M7040 of other
I bought the same LED for the dome and was wondering how you mounted the LED inside the housing? There isn't a flat spot to mount using the 2-Sided tape. Did you just lay it inside the dome cover?

Perhaps the photos will help describe the situation.

View attachment 537436

View attachment 537437

It is the right size to just lay inside the dome cover. I知 not sure how hot it would get if I leave it on a long time, but I tested it for a few minutes before I put it together with no issue. It amazing how bright these LEDs are.

While it痴 sure been cold, we haven稚 gotten enough snow to put the work light to use. Still, I致e run it a bit at night to check it out and compared to the 40w lights replaced, the 36w LEDs are so much brighter, there really is no comparison. I highly suggest these to anyone who want enough light to actually work at night. Mine are floods....they make a flood/spot combination that is well under the 20amp draw the circuit is built on. This is the single best straight bolt on replacement mod I have ever done. The entire job took less than 30 minutes from unpacking the new lights to final cleanup, and that including soldering and heat shrinking the weather tubing on the connections.

/ LED light replacement for cab M7040 of other #16  
It is the right size to just lay inside the dome cover. I知 not sure how hot it would get if I leave it on a long time, but I tested it for a few minutes before I put it together with no issue. It amazing how bright these LEDs are.

While it痴 sure been cold, we haven稚 gotten enough snow to put the work light to use. Still, I致e run it a bit at night to check it out and compared to the 40w lights replaced, the 36w LEDs are so much brighter, there really is no comparison. I highly suggest these to anyone who want enough light to actually work at night. Mine are floods....they make a flood/spot combination that is well under the 20amp draw the circuit is built on. This is the single best straight bolt on replacement mod I have ever done. The entire job took less than 30 minutes from unpacking the new lights to final cleanup, and that including soldering and heat shrinking the weather tubing on the connections.

No heat problem with LED dome light. Mine just rests on the original lens.

I had tried various LED models on my car but was very happy when the conversion you and I both have in our tractors performs.

Some people have had flicker problems with larger LED lamps. I suspect there are many levels of quality.

Some early Kubota's and garden tractors used alternating current for their lamps and only rectified a portion of the charging system output to look after the battery.

Conversions to LED's in this situation is unsuccessful.

Dave M7040

/ LED light replacement for cab M7040 of other #17  
Here's a quick test of the stock bulb versus the LED module described in earlier posts. The light cover was not in place for any of the photos.

Stock Light

IMG_0123.JPG IMG_0127.JPG

LED

IMG_0131.JPG IMG_0129.JPG

With the way camera phones try to adjust the picture given the ambient lighting, I feel the photos understate the true difference and the LED's are way brighter.