LED lights on an RK24

/ LED lights on an RK24 #1  

JLH4

Silver Member
Tractor
Rural King - RK24
I am putting LED light bars(2) on the ROPS. Has anyone done this and is there a wiring diagram for the RK24 anywhere online? The owners manual says the wiring is in section 8 but there is no section 8, it goes from 7 to 9. I want the lights to go thru a switch so I can turn them on as needed.

/ LED lights on an RK24 #2  
I'm not familiar with the RK24 but I take it that the tractor does not already have 'auxiliary' (front or rear facing) work lights.

Neither did my 4105, but an existing (capped) set of wires, already soldered to the light switch (4th position, headlights/work-lights), was located behind my seat, above the PTO shield. My JD dealership showed me where it was on a tractor on their lot. In my case, it was a simple set of 'male/female banana plugs' and I readily found a loose set of these at my local auto shop.

My light bar worked the very first time I used it (tested it out before mounting it on the ROPS).

Best of luck.

/ LED lights on an RK24 #3  
id just run a wire straight to the battery. i did on my jd 2020 that i mounted some nilight 20 inch lights from amazon. led lights don't take much power. i set up switches on mine with a mounted fuse box. i can take some pics of my set up if u want. i''l light up the fields at night..

/ LED lights on an RK24 #4  
Or you could just tap into the ignition switch.

/ LED lights on an RK24 #5  
I am putting LED light bars(2) on the ROPS. Has anyone done this and is there a wiring diagram for the RK24 anywhere online? The owners manual says the wiring is in section 8 but there is no section 8, it goes from 7 to 9. I want the lights to go thru a switch so I can turn them on as needed.
We recommend wiring directly to the battery using a relayed system and separate switch to operate the lights.

LED Wiring Recommendation.jpg

/ LED lights on an RK24 #6  

There are several lighting installation kits available on Amazon. The one I just bought for my ATV has the switch, relay and the wiring included. It shouldn't be a problem to find a spot to mount the switch.