LED lights on ROP

/ LED lights on ROP #1  

jethroish

Tractor
RK55S, CC EX3200
Who has put extra lights on their tractors? I have an open station RK55 and am going to add LED lights on the ROP. A light bar across the top is preferred, but I don't really want to drill holes and introduce water access, eventually leading to rust. Looking to possible use the existing shade brackets. How did you install yours? Pics please, if you can.

/ LED lights on ROP #2  
I haven't done this yet. Heck, I'm still looking to purchase our first tractor. But I ran across THESE at boltonhooks.com
They would give you some mounting options without drilling into the ROPS.

/ LED lights on ROP #4  
You can use some powerful magnetic brackets (Amazon)

/ LED lights on ROP #5  
I drilled holes in mine. But it spends non working hours in my shop building, so water isn't much of an issue.

enhance

/ LED lights on ROP #6  
I made some simple brackets that clamp onto the ROPS. I made the spacing equal front and rear in case I later decided I needed a light bar in front as well.
The lights and harness all are Traveller from TSC when the lights were on sale.

20201226_190303.jpg20201227_120756.jpg20201227_174005.jpg20201227_174054.jpg

/ LED lights on ROP #7  
If you mount your light bar on the bottom side of the ROPS, you could drill and tap 1/4 holes for mounting. No water problems, but don't tell the safety police.

/ LED lights on ROP #8  
   / LED lights on ROP #9  
If you do them, do them inside like TnAndy shows. I've even moved the red/amber lights inside the ROPS on 3 tractors now after bashing one light on the 1st tractor.

/ LED lights on ROP #10  
I come from an aviation background.

Lots of aircraft structures have holes everywhere.
For example many a wing spar has more holes than actual metal.
Now the trick is in the details.
No nicks or flaws in the perimeter of 'hole'.
Any nick can start a fracture. so a very polished hole edge is necessary.
So, on a ROP you would NOT screw an attachment but would perhaps use a pop rivet.
All that said, I'd still prefer some sort of clamp to attach my lighting devices.

Added is the fact that most ROP's are already drilled to attach them to the tractor structure at their bases.

Ideally you could use outside snug sleeves wherever you would want to drill a hole that would act like wide clamps and spread out any stresses.

Aviation actually allows cutting and splicing tubular structure as long as U follow specific rules. (AC 43-13-1A)