Left turn on 2 lane. Stay in R/H lane or L/H to let cars continue on?

/ Left turn on 2 lane. Stay in R/H lane or L/H to let cars continue on? #51  
I do A, and pull into the oncoming lane, as much as I can. Why slow everyone behind you down and waste their time and gas, if no one is in the oncoming lane as far as you can see?

Frankly I wish everyone else would do this too. Especially on the rural 50+ mph roads - you're really going to make my gas hog pickup slow down to 10 mph while you gingerly begin your turn? There's no reason.

/ Left turn on 2 lane. Stay in R/H lane or L/H to let cars continue on? #52  
He is likely doing it like i do - waiting until he can see all directions before he gets over. Thus, there is never a need to get back over.

Only an animal entering the road could happen and then it is simply like one entering if you are in the proper lane and there is an oncoming car. No different.

I took it to mean 'left turns on a 2-lane road into driveways and the like. Not at intersections...EVER.

/ Left turn on 2 lane. Stay in R/H lane or L/H to let cars continue on? #53  
This discussion has me questioning whether we need bigger brake lights or brighter turn signals.

Or maybe bigger windshields so drivers can see what's happening in front of them.

they'd still have to put down their phones to see those bigger lights. From what I see in front of my house on a major highway is cars proceeding in a conga-line 10' apart at 65mph. each one with no idea of what is ahead or behind and God help some one who mashes the brakes to avoid a deer or other animal.

/ Left turn on 2 lane. Stay in R/H lane or L/H to let cars continue on? #54  
B only, and if someone is ridding my ass and tailgating I'll start slowing down sooner.
I have 2 left turns that I have to use frequently, one is on a state road with a 55 mph limit,
many idiots running at 65 and some faster, rural two lane uphill and down with lots of curves.
The other one is in a 45 mph zone with many people going over 55 mph.
I shake my head and laugh in disbelief at the way many idiots drive when approaching or over taking
tractors and wide equipment on the highway.

That is one of my pet peeves. We are in the Palouse - richest wheat producing area in the states. Lots of equipment moving on both rural roads and main highways. Combine proceeding down the road at about 25mph and NOONE will cross that double yellow line. Is is illegal to cross it "NO". Wa state code says one may "cross a double yellow line to pass an obstruction if it can be done safely". Dunno if I would win an argument with a cop but in my mind 25mph traffic in 65mph traffic is an obstruction.

/ Left turn on 2 lane. Stay in R/H lane or L/H to let cars continue on? #55  
So if you're doing this move into the left lane to avoid getting rear ended or making the person behind you slow down thing, what do you do when you want to turn right?

I turn on right turn signal well in advance, pump brakes a few times as a warning and get over on shoulder if it is wide enough.

/ Left turn on 2 lane. Stay in R/H lane or L/H to let cars continue on? #56  
I took it to mean 'left turns on a 2-lane road into driveways and the like. Not at intersections...EVER.
Yeah, I guess he didn't say drive or intersection. I do A at both, whenever possible..........

/ Left turn on 2 lane. Stay in R/H lane or L/H to let cars continue on? #57  
A) As long as you can clearly see no one is coming down the road you are about to turn onto and therefore might turn right into you.
^^^. Same here on the rural roads. Freaks out city visitors. :cool:

/ Left turn on 2 lane. Stay in R/H lane or L/H to let cars continue on? #58  
The only time I use "A" is turning left into my drive off of a two lane highway (passing zone). I only do it if there is no oncoming traffic, and if the driver behind me has been courteous prior to my turning. If I feel that the driver behind is following too closely, I stay in the right lane as long as possible and make a nice slow turn into my drive.

I do agree with Mossroad's statement about following the laws so that other people on the road know what to expect. Frequently, in town, I will see people stop for no other reason than to let someone out of a side street onto the main road. In my case really don't think of "A" as that sort of thing. I would only do it in a passing zone and I personally think that is totally legal.

/ Left turn on 2 lane. Stay in R/H lane or L/H to let cars continue on? #59  
I do A, and pull into the oncoming lane, as much as I can. Why slow everyone behind you down and waste their time and gas, if no one is in the oncoming lane as far as you can see?

Frankly I wish everyone else would do this too. Especially on the rural 50+ mph roads - you're really going to make my gas hog pickup slow down to 10 mph while you gingerly begin your turn? There's no reason.
The only problem with this is when the guy 3 cars back pulls out to pass, and finds that you are in the wrong lane and have discovered that your turn is blocked.

/ Left turn on 2 lane. Stay in R/H lane or L/H to let cars continue on? #60  
B is the only correct legal answer!
If you doubt me try A while doing a driver's test.
Also A could affect your insurance should U have an encounter and your insurance premiums would suffer not counting demerit points and a ticket.