Lefty Shooting?

/ Lefty Shooting? #11  
I'm a lefty, when I first learned to write, I wrote right to left, but eventually the teacher got me to write left to right.
I shoot a pistol left handed, but shoot long guns right handed.

When I was really small, we lived with my paternal grandfather for a couple of years, and when I would do things left handed, he swore that if mom and ad didn't break me of that and make me use my right hand, I would be retarded.

I definitely lean towards OCD in some areas, and maybe on the fringe of the autism spectrum, but not retarded, I don't think. :unsure:

/ Lefty Shooting? #12  
Right handed, left eyed. I usually shoot righty with my left eye closed.

I've done some left handed shooting, it helps when shooting trap or skeet.

Never bothered with a left handed weapon.

/ Lefty Shooting? #13  
Right handed and strong left eyed here. Parents had me use left eye patch for a while when I was a young kid. I don't think it worked too much. I have always used RH guns and only shot .22 LH sometimes. I do well enough shooting.

/ Lefty Shooting? #14  
When I shoot game birds or even deer with a shotgun I don't close an eye. My grand dad and dad taught me to shoot with both eyes open and just cover the target. Always seems to work.

/ Lefty Shooting? #15  
I shoot left because I'm blind in my right eye. I've never owned a lefty gun. Always used the old standard righty gun.

/ Lefty Shooting? #16  
I shoot LH because I'm left eye dominant. I have a few bolt action rifles and I have no trouble cycling bolt action guns. From around 8yrs old couldn't shoot good at all and my Dad was frustrated, I put the gun in my left hand and did great, been shooting left handed ever since. Handguns I shoot RH but sight with left eye. Others try my guns and are off center on the target until I explain where to aim if shooting RH.

/ Lefty Shooting? #17  
I'm left everything. My mother is left handed and my father's mother should have been left handed. I remember her telling me that her teacher tied her left hand behind her back to force her to write right handed.

I tried the finger test and it's very obvious which eye is dominant.

/ Lefty Shooting? #18  
I'm left-handed, grew up with RH guns, then as an adult I started to hunt dangerous game and wanted every advantage I could get, so I bought a LH bolt action gun.

It didn't take long to see I had been pizzing in the wrong pot, and switching to LH rifles was the best shooting decision, I ever did!

With some practice, I became a much faster more accurate, more comfortable hunter, with my rifles.

All of my rifles are LH now, even my 22's,

Anschutz-1416-L-Small.jpg

SR
Nice Anschutz! They look a lot like a CZ 452.

/ Lefty Shooting? #19  
I'm left everything. My mother is left handed and my father's mother should have been left handed. I remember her telling me that her teacher tied her left hand behind her back to force her to write right handed.

I tried the finger test and it's very obvious which eye is dominant.
When my dad was a kid, the teacher switched his left hand for writing with it! When he got home, he told his dad, and grandpa went to the school and knocked the crap out of the teacher! I bet that was the last time that teacher EVER switched a kid's hand! lol

When I was a kid about 7 or 8, the teacher would jerk the pencil out of my left hand and put it in my right hand! My penmanship wasn't great as a lefty, but it was terrible as a righty! Teacher said I just needed more practice.

One day I happened to mention "that" to my mother, and she told me to go tell my dad that, so I did. It was a Friday, and I was shocked to see my dad still home from work on Monday (he NEVER missed work) and he drove me to school (normally we walked) anyway, he told me to stay outside, and he went in. After a bit he came out, said goodby and off he went to work, I was treated "golden" after that!

That teacher NEVER messed with me after that! lol And I never found out what he told her either!

SR