Les Schwab Tire Center - - Oil changes

/ Les Schwab Tire Center - - Oil changes #1  

oosik

Super Star Member
Tractor
2009 Kubota M6040
Those of us, like me, that have a Les Schwab tire center close by might want to check. Our local one just recently went to doing oil changes also. This is a TREMENDOUS benefit for me. Saves me going into Spokane or north to Airway Hts.

I no longer find it such a thrill to do my own when for $20 they will do the job.

Les Schwab has locations in - WA, ID, OR, UT & northern CA - at least.

/ Les Schwab Tire Center - - Oil changes #2  
I have used them exclusively for 60 years. They have now put tubes in all four BX tires and replaced one of the fronts including rim. Buy a tire and they fix it for life. Repair all flats for $0. The tire and tube were almost half the K dealer price and 5 min away versus 80 mile round trip. When my wife's Ford Edge TP alarm goes off they do something that stops it. She now goes by every month and they check her tire pressure free.

Great company, Ron

/ Les Schwab Tire Center - - Oil changes #3  
I have had real good luck over forty years with the "sudden service boys" now a few women in the organization, too. Back in 78 I bought my first set of recap snow tires for a 53 IHC one ton with "free beef" and on credit to boot.Recaps were my main thing until early mid eighties. My real attraction besides the service and their batteries is the MS-55 T0YO tire. I have had them on all my pickups since 87. There are cheaper tires but IMHO none better for gravel highway gravel gravel gravel muddddd. I have had break jobs done there to my satisfaction also.There cheerfulness and willingness to please have been unmatched. On larger trucks I have run their radials and again, Toyo!

/ Les Schwab Tire Center - - Oil changes #4  
Also all over northern Nevada. Been doing business with them for years. What I like is - they open "officially" at 8 in the morning. I always show up at 7:30 and am generally on my way home by 8. The tires (I buy Toyo also) are expensive but after that - flat repairs, rotations, even re-balancing, everything is free. They also check brakes, etc.

I still do all my own oil changes because I use that as an opportunity to give each of my rigs a thorough going-over, front to back, to check for potential problems.

/ Les Schwab Tire Center - - Oil changes
We moved down from AK 37 years ago. Every vehicle I own has tires that I have purchased fro Schwab - except the Kubota - they are still OEM Goodyear. They have ALWAYS gone that one step beyond anything I have EVER asked of them.

I have always purchased Toyo tires for all my vehicles. And as desert eagle says - flats, rotation, balancing - all free if you purchase the tires from ANY Schwab facility.

I had to replace the front two tires on my previous tractor - Ford 1700 - they came out with their service truck and replaced the tires. No charge for the on-site service call.

They provide service that I gladly rate as EXCELLENT. I can not overstate how VERY PLEASED I am to find that they do oil changes. Likewise - it's difficult for me to put into words my distaste for going all the way into Spokane and driving in that town.

/ Les Schwab Tire Center - - Oil changes #6  
Yeah, mine’s just down the street in Deer Park. I should try the oil change soon.

At this point, I’m about to get a new set of tires and I’m partial to Bridgestone Revo’s but Schwab doesn’t have them...

Aquamoose - all this rain we are getting down here - - are you getting any snow up your way. If all our rain were snow - you wouldn't be able to see my belly button.

I've had such good luck with the Toyo's that Schwab sells - I'm hesitant to try much of anything else.

Strange thing - I run Toyo A/T Open Country on both my Ford F-150 and Jeep TJ - they put 4 ply on the pickup and six ply on the little Jeep.

/ Les Schwab Tire Center - - Oil changes #8  
Those of us, like me, that have a Les Schwab tire center close by might want to check. Our local one just recently went to doing oil changes also. This is a TREMENDOUS benefit for me. Saves me going into Spokane or north to Airway Hts.

I no longer find it such a thrill to do my own when for $20 they will do the job.

Les Schwab has locations in - WA, ID, OR, UT & northern CA - at least.

Last Spring I took my E-320 in for an oil change at "Oil Masters" here in Fl.
I didn't know if they would have Rotella-T, and/or proper Mercedes cartridge filter, so I brought my own.
I am too old to be jacking up, and crawling under.
Cost me $50 for them to to do the 10 minute change.
Just bought a 12V oil dipstick pump on E-Bay for $17.69.
Will pump it out next time. E-320 filter is at top of engine. It is a clean no spill filter swap.

/ Les Schwab Tire Center - - Oil changes #9  
I would agree if you can get it done for $20 that's a great deal. For me though, my vehicle takes full synthetic 0W20 Dexos and you are lucky to be able to buy the oil and filter for under $50 so you are usually at $75 at the dealer. My wife's Mercedes GLK 350 is a top filter and pump out, biggest problem with that is there is a baffle in the oil pan so you can neevr get all of the old oil out. So I do it the old fashion way by pulling the drain plug. These vehicles are way too expensive in my opinion to trust a local Jiffy Lube to touch. I have ramps so the job is quite easy. I can typically do it faster than the oil change places.

The $20 oil/filter change in part helps me swallow the annual service cost on my BMW R1200GSA motorcycle. After I saw that the UBER SPECIAL BMW oil was $16.95 a quart and it takes five quarts - I was afraid to look at what the oil filter must have cost me. I didn't think there could possibly be a more expensive motor oil than Harley Davidson oil. I was wrong.