Lessons I learned in 'My first 10 hours! '

/ Lessons I learned in 'My first 10 hours! ' #1  

Mountain Hill

Tractor
Kubota L3800HST
Got my l3800 with FEL & 65" box Blade delivered. I put it to work right away, along with testing where the machine will travel. What lesson's have I learned:
1)the box blade has found a lot of rocks in my driveway
2)with some patience the FEL will pick, push and roll out a fairly large rock
3)although you can push over small trees, it's wise to have a chainsaw with you when traveling on narrow trails
4)while box blade is great for ballast, it's a hassle when it's hooks up on as stump on uneven ground
5)make your storage building doors wider, hitting the building can do some damage
6)when stuck in a muddy field, is the best time to discover your not in four wheel drive
7)have extra fuel, you'll need it before hour 10

It's been a great weekend, had the chance to put the machine through it's paces. So far pleased with what it will do. Looking forward to ground drying up, as I have more chores to tackle.

/ Lessons I learned in 'My first 10 hours! ' #2  
I have a Kubota L4400. I'm still learning things each and every time I use it. I plan to install T&T once I save some more money. It will make it easier when I use my Box Blade.

/ Lessons I learned in 'My first 10 hours! ' #3  
Like creekbend, I have way more hours but still learn stuff on a regular basis and probably will until the last time I get off; always seems to be something to learn.

/ Lessons I learned in 'My first 10 hours! ' #5  
(Creekbend,) what is a T&T?

Lots of good lessons you mentioned there. I agree there is always something to learn...

T&T is shorthand for Top & Tilt hydraulic cylinders on your three point hitch. These replace the top link and the adjustable side link. You need to have two remote hydraulic valves to install these, and they allow you to make adjustments to the three point linkage on the fly without leaving the seat. It's a very hand addition.

/ Lessons I learned in 'My first 10 hours! ' #6  
(Creekbend,) what is a T&T?

Top And Tilt. They are hydraulic cylinders that replace the top link and one of the sides on the 3pt. It allows you to change the bite of an implement or the angle of the implement while you're working. You will need 2 remotes (pairs of hydraulic couplers at the rear of the tractor).

/ Lessons I learned in 'My first 10 hours! ' #7  
LOL, great minds think a like, crazyangels is obviously just a little faster!

/ Lessons I learned in 'My first 10 hours! ' #8  
Sounds like you had some fun

/ Lessons I learned in 'My first 10 hours! ' #9  
If your going to start hoeing out big rocks from the driveway you are going to need a load of good clean granular material to backfill the holes with before SWMBO comes home and drives her car into a hole "You" dug!!! A ten wheeler load dumped back out of the way but handyby is good to have on hand for such projects and it will keep until you need it.

/ Lessons I learned in 'My first 10 hours! ' #10  
Best thing I did to my old Kubota B8200HSTD. It just has not been in the budget for the current NH TC40D; I really miss it!

Tractors should come with TnT by default IMHO, it is so handy...

I have a Kubota L4400. I'm still learning things each and every time I use it. I plan to install T&T once I save some more money. It will make it easier when I use my Box Blade.