Lets get it right

/ Lets get it right #1  

Going4it

Tractor
Kubota LX 2610
Hello new and old members.
I'm an old guy, but a new member. I'm looking to purchase my first and last tractor all in one motion. My retirement home in northern WI has a 600 foot gravel drive with a 10 degree incline heading out. There is 3 acres of wood to clean up and I need to clear a spot for a garage. After the clearing, my tractor will be used only for driveway maintenance and snow blowing ( front mount) as I'm not as flexible as I used to be. I was considering the Kubota B2650, 26 HP. Now it is being replaced by the LX2610. Pretty much the same tractor mechanically, just more bells and whistles. My dilemma is, should I get the cab model or not? Will the cab muffle the sound of different functions? I am used to listening to my tools/machinery run and know when I am pushing them. I'd like to hear your thoughts on the subject. Would anyone in the north snow country even consider going without a cab?

Keep the top up!

/ Lets get it right
The money is going into the tractor, or a new boat. Either way it will be well spent. Thanks old and tired.

/ Lets get it right #4  
I live in Florida, so that that with a grain of salt! I would think a cab would be great for blowing snow, as it allows the operator to wear shorts and flip-flops while clearing the driveway. However, when clearing woods and keeping them cleared, there is usually a lot of glass breakage that comes along with that territory. Glass breakage usually isn't cheap on most tractors. You might want to considered having the woods cleared with a piece of rented equipment if you buy a cab.
David from jax

/ Lets get it right #5  
Decision has to be based on how much you are going to do in the woods and whether you will be mostly just dragging things out which you can do with a long chain. My tractor didn't have a cab option but I'm pretty happy with a soft cab which I can take off during the warmer months. Also, it saves a lot of money.

/ Lets get it right #6  
Hello new and old members.
I'm an old guy, but a new member. I'm looking to purchase my first and last tractor all in one motion. My retirement home in northern WI has a 600 foot gravel drive with a 10 degree incline heading out. There is 3 acres of wood to clean up and I need to clear a spot for a garage. After the clearing, my tractor will be used only for driveway maintenance and snow blowing ( front mount) as I'm not as flexible as I used to be. I was considering the Kubota B2650, 26 HP. Now it is being replaced by the LX2610. Pretty much the same tractor mechanically, just more bells and whistles. My dilemma is, should I get the cab model or not? Will the cab muffle the sound of different functions? I am used to listening to my tools/machinery run and know when I am pushing them. I'd like to hear your thoughts on the subject. Would anyone in the north snow country even consider going without a cab?

Keep the top up!

Yes you should get the cab model. I've been freezing my senior Hoosier azz off for 20 years on a 900 foot gravel drive because the shed door is too low for a cab. Also recommend you get tire chains for severe conditions. They make a BIG traction difference.

/ Lets get it right #7  
Cab for sure not only for snow removal but ability to grade road in rain and keep bugs off in summer. Get a cab and make it your last tractor for sure��

/ Lets get it right
sandman2234 that's an idea I will look into! Being a first time user there will be a learning curve and I think I will be able to get a feel for the machine quicker without a cab.
Thank you

/ Lets get it right
KennyG my property is long and narrow so the chain drag will work. I don't expect to be in the woods much if any. Does the soft top fog up and become hazy over time?
Thanks for your time

/ Lets get it right #10  
600' driveway blowing snow...I would lean towards cab. :thumbsup: