Lets make a Quick release front rake....04-14-2024, it works great!

/ Lets make a Quick release front rake....04-14-2024, it works great!
20240413_134149.jpg

Easily pulls out so it can be stacked

20240413_140747.jpg

Also added braces to back teeth

20240413_141407.jpg

20240413_142044.jpg

I think it will do double duty as Zombie body cleanup 🤔 😁

Grabbed a Ratchet strap....let's try it out.

20240413_142813.jpg

It works, I took it easy since there are to pins installed, so I have acouple places to put a ball if I need it, also will be making a boom for it.

Last edited:
   / Lets make a Quick release front rake....04-14-2024, it works great! #12  
Looks good. Pretty gutsy move testing it out in a thicket like that with a ratchet strap. My luck would be, it would fall off in the middle of the thorniest part.

Will you make provisions to easily add weight, or do you think it is heavy enough?

Doug in SW IA

/ Lets make a Quick release front rake....04-14-2024, it works great! #13  
Do you think a crosstube at the center would be worthwhile?

Looks good. Pretty gutsy move testing it out in a thicket like that with a ratchet strap. My luck would be, it would fall off in the middle of the thorniest part.

Will you make provisions to easily add weight, or do you think it is heavy enough?

Doug in SW IA
Don't think I will need weight, I made it so it is even with bottom of bucket, that let me use the float function, you can see it lift up the tractor, as I back pulled

It's really stout now, a crosstube brace would make it harder to install, I have about 1/16 flex at 2ft

Do you think a crosstube at the center would be worthwhile?
It's really stout now, a crosstube brace would make it harder to install, I have about 1/16 flex at 2ft to line up the receivers

/ Lets make a Quick release front rake....04-14-2024, it works great! #17  
If too stout, the FEL cylinders could get bent if the rakes hang on a grape vine or rock.

I wonder if the two tubes could be made to pivot up and down independently of each other, but have the ground engagement force controlled by a spring assembly to allow for some give? Orchard plows, for example, have springs to protect the tines.

/ Lets make a Quick release front rake....04-14-2024, it works great! #18  
Looks like you need a brush hog on the front of that thing to reduce that bramble to shreds. :unsure:

That's why I went rear pull with the float function
If too stout, the FEL cylinders could get bent if the rakes hang on a grape vine or rock.

I wonder if the two tubes could be made to pivot up and down independently of each other, but have the ground engagement force controlled by a spring assembly to allow for some give? Orchard plows, for example, have springs to protect the tines.
Bush hog does no good when the vines are 20+ ft long, I back drug this a 1/2 hr ago, need to take this fence down, it was nice to surgically remove the thorn bushes.
Before
20240414_120139.jpg

After

20240414_124413.jpg

Going back outside...

/ Lets make a Quick release front rake....04-14-2024, it works great! #20  
I have briars like those. In my experience, it's actually easier to pull them out when you have the full stems to rake. If you cut them first, there is less to grab onto.

If you don't get the roots out, they keep returning.