Let's play guess the weight.

/ Let's play guess the weight. #11  
When they where building the new freeway close to our old house I asked on of the drivers what the 110' beams weighted. He said the one they where hauling where 1000 lbs per foot.

/ Let's play guess the weight. #12  
90 foot does not seem that long to have to use 6 lanes?

I am a forester and i have had quite a few 80-85 foot poles hauled off my tracts in the last few years, most on a standard 40 foot log trailer, thats as much on the trailer as off. Usually hauling between 6-12 pieces a trailer, logs slapping the pavement. The usually run at night to avoid DOT. The ticket is usually for not seeing the tail lights!!

I have had a fe 90 footer and 95footers, they haul them and turn them just fine on 2 lane roads. Now there not going through town or anything though.

/ Let's play guess the weight. #13  
You can haul way way over legal limits with permits fellas. It's 80 k here too but we have moved 200 ton equipment many a day when we had to with permits

/ Let's play guess the weight. #14  
Yea just what row50 said. With perits almost anything is legal.

I think SC is 80K but in georgia they can haul 84k?? I live right on the line almost and deal with SC and GA timer.

/ Let's play guess the weight. #15  
An 18 wheeler can legally gross 80,000 pounds on a 9 ton road. A 9 ton road means 9 tons per axle. I'm not sure how the front tractor axle is figured, since it's not a dual. Anyway, 80,000# is the legal limit here in Minnesota. Count the axles, multiply by the ton limit of your road.
Not in Pennsylvania. One of our drivers got caught on a 10 ton road............ The fine was 40,000 dollars

/ Let's play guess the weight. #16  
Here's one for you... p1160005.jpg

/ Let's play guess the weight. #17  
As a truck driver, that longer dolly really messes with the turn radius. The truck can peak out at 275k if they have a 15k setup on the steer. But probably around 200k loaded and between 81-85k empty with truck. So probably oversized in most states when empty.

/ Let's play guess the weight.
clemsonfor said:
90 foot does not seem that long to have to use 6 lanes?

I am a forester and i have had quite a few 80-85 foot poles hauled off my tracts in the last few years, most on a standard 40 foot log trailer, thats as much on the trailer as off. Usually hauling between 6-12 pieces a trailer, logs slapping the pavement. The usually run at night to avoid DOT. The ticket is usually for not seeing the tail lights!!

I have had a fe 90 footer and 95footers, they haul them and turn them just fine on 2 lane roads. Now there not going through town or anything though.

A 40 foot trailer with a 80 foot log on it is going to off track the same as a 40 foot trailer empty. Now, the 40 foot of log on the back may have a mind of it's own...
These guys are hauling trailers that are 80 or 90 feet long, with 5 axles at both ends, has to be a massive amount of "Push" in the corners.

/ Let's play guess the weight. #20  
Yea i see it now. the end of those logs does kick way out over the edge but as long as there is no street sign or mailbox it wan hover over ditches etc where the dollies have to roll over that spot.