Lets see your best tractor pictures

/ Lets see your best tractor pictures #461  
That's great that it's been in the family for all of those years. :thumbsup:
Yep, I was able to use it for a few years.

Do you still have it? Did you restore it? My grandfather was an Allis Chalmers man. He had a late 1940痴 WC.

No, I knew I couldn't restore it, so I sold it to a Case collector after I bought a MF235. It didn't have 3 point and I had other mowers.

scanned.jpg

/ Lets see your best tractor pictures #463  
Yep, I was able to use it for a few years.

No, I knew I couldn't restore it, so I sold it to a Case collector after I bought a MF235. It didn't have 3 point and I had other mowers.

View attachment 546155

That looks like a MF245, but I have never seen a white one. Red, yes. Yellow, yes. White, no. What is the story on that?

/ Lets see your best tractor pictures #465  
One of my favorites....

IMG_2112.JPG

/ Lets see your best tractor pictures #466  
That is one very nice picture:thumbsup:

/ Lets see your best tractor pictures #468  
That looks like a MF245, but I have never seen a white one. Red, yes. Yellow, yes. White, no. What is the story on that?
Don't know, bought it at a used tractor dealer. It must have come from the factory white, no signs of red underneath.

Note the red wheels:

MF235.jpg

I traded these in with permission to swap wheels and tires, as I wanted to keep the larger tires that are on the front 35:

MF35's being traded for MF235.jpg

On the dealer's lot after unloading, note the wider tires on the right:

MF35s at Dealer's lot.jpg

And after the swap:

MF35 with MF235 wheel and tire.jpg

Just found another picture of the wheels that came off the 235, noting they were 12.4 x 28

Last edited:
   / Lets see your best tractor pictures #469  
I've owned similar models with different tires like that over the years and the taller size were often for tractors that were more "crop" oriented than "general purpose" tractors. The taller tire increased crop clearance and sometimes they were also narrower to fit in the row. Kubota and Deere still offer similar options today and I believe for the same purpose.

/ Lets see your best tractor pictures #470  
Also the taller the tire the better the traction and the better the ride in rough fields