Let's see your knife.

/ Let's see your knife. #221  
UA Knife and 22lr.jpg

/ Let's see your knife. #222  
Great knife and great pistol. What are the details on the knife? Blade steel, handle etc.

/ Let's see your knife. #223  
Great knife and great pistol. What are the details on the knife? Blade steel, handle etc.
Actually, details on the pistol too. Looks to be a Buckmark variant or custom?

/ Let's see your knife. #224  
My two EDC’s , never leave home with out em . Swiss Army knife I like the tool group on this model, got a #2 Phillips screwdriver in place of the more common corkscrew that’s pretty useless for me. Just started carrying the little thrunite flashlite bout a year ago, man is that handy . Rechargeable and tiny but impressive light output for its size . Flashlights are so much improved in the last 10 years or so , amazing compared to what was available when I was a kid 40 plus years ago.

Attachments

• DFFBB3B0-CBE7-4492-895B-CA8F6153F792.jpeg
    DFFBB3B0-CBE7-4492-895B-CA8F6153F792.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 64
   / Let's see your knife. #225  
My two EDC’s , never leave home with out em . Swiss Army knife I like the tool group on this model, got a #2 Phillips screwdriver in place of the more common corkscrew that’s pretty useless for me. Just started carrying the little thrunite flashlite bout a year ago, man is that handy . Rechargeable and tiny but impressive light output for its size . Flashlights are so much improved in the last 10 years or so , amazing compared to what was available when I was a kid 40 plus years ago.
I use a flashlight a lot. Picked up one of Daddy's flashlights from when he last worked (29 years ago), put new batteries in it, and was amazed at how sorry of a flashlight it was!
Got to admit, candle power has definitely improved lately!
David from jax

/ Let's see your knife. #226  
I would also like to know more about the knife

/ Let's see your knife. #227  
I use a flashlight a lot. Picked up one of Daddy's flashlights from when he last worked (29 years ago), put new batteries in it, and was amazed at how sorry of a flashlight it was!
Got to admit, candle power has definitely improved lately!
David from jax

When I was younger, the dream was to latch onto some military angle-head flashlights because of how good they were. If you had one of these, you had the best.

Recently I stumbled on one I saved and was shocked how dim it was. It was only slighter better than no flashlight and a folding book match would have been better.

For those who want to go back to the good old days, have at it. You can't pick and choose and just get bright flashlights and hot chicks in poodle skirts. The whole experience was wonderful, worth remembering but we tend to remember only the good stuff. And don't get me started on nylon passenger car tires of the olden days.

Pocket knives were mostly junk steel and had to be sharpened on a grinder constantly. Today, my constant carry pocket knife is made of beautiful steel, razor sharp and cuts great.

IMG_4003.jpg
My current carry is the Victorinox on the bottom. Does it all and carries smooth. The middle knife is a former carry, a KaBar Dozier pattern. The top was carried when I cut a lot of hay bales. Got it on a lark in 1983 and carried for a couple decades. Did lots with that and you could shave with it. Puma and W. German made with stag handles.

Last edited:
   / Let's see your knife. #228  
My favorite. It belonged to my Grandfather.
As a kid, I used to visit for a couple weeks a year and I strapped this on the day I got there, and didn't
take it off until the day I left.
Whittled lots of wood with it, and gutted lots of fish.
Estimated date of manufacture somewhere in the early 1930's.
It was the one thing I asked for when he passed.
Great memories.

1697980224205.jpeg

1697980244697.jpeg

/ Let's see your knife. #229  
My favorite. It belonged to my Grandfather.
As a kid, I used to visit for a couple weeks a year and I strapped this on the day I got there, and didn't
take it off until the day I left.
Whittled lots of wood with it, and gutted lots of fish.
Estimated date of manufacture somewhere in the early 1930's.
It was the one thing I asked for when he passed.
Great memories.

View attachment 828082

View attachment 828083
Mora. I have a couple of ice augers made by them. The blades are impressive. Hold their edge for a long time.

/ Let's see your knife. #230  
Mora. I have a couple of ice augers made by them. The blades are impressive. Hold their edge for a long time.
It was a long ago time I tried to find info on my knife. Mostly for sentimental reasons. If I could date it I would have an idea
where it was purchased from in my Grandfather's small town. I'm guessing wherever it was, they're likely still in business today.
That's when I took the pics.
Got lots of info from knife aficionados.
Mora is still in business. Erik Frost (my knife) was apparently a revered designer.
Word is the ads for Mora knives, they would jam a bunch of them into a tree and use them as a ladder.
Then there's that mystery sheath. Made of some kind of magical cardboard, it never seems to wear out, and my sheath being almost 100 yrs
old still holds the knife tightly despite being wet and dried many times over by me, and who knows how many times by Gramps.
I don't think anyone ever told me what the sheaths were made of. IIRC no one seemed to know.