3-Point Hitch leveling arm for XJ2025

/ leveling arm for XJ2025 #1  

Annihilator26

Tractor
LS/XJ2025H
Hello,

Can anyone recommend a replacement leveling arm for the 3-pt hitch on an XJ tractor? When moving snow with a rear blade, or hooking up other implements I end up moving the leveling arm quite a bit, and its a pain to need a wrench on it. Has anyone else swapped out the leveling arm? I would love to use one of the "leveling box" style cranks if anyone knows one that will fit. How are the cheap style with a pin through them? Is that pin usually enough to change the height under the weight of an attached implement?

Thanks,

Chris

/ leveling arm for XJ2025 #2  
quick fix would be to weld handles to it, however, putting the 3 point down and taking the weight off the lift rod will help with adjusting it in any case. Im sure you could get a gear box style and fab it up to work also, but if I was to spend any considerable amount of time and money on it, I would look into a hydraulic top and tilt setup.

/ leveling arm for XJ2025
quick fix would be to weld handles to it, however, putting the 3 point down and taking the weight off the lift rod will help with adjusting it in any case. Im sure you could get a gear box style and fab it up to work also, but if I was to spend any considerable amount of time and money on it, I would look into a hydraulic top and tilt setup.

Top and tilt sounds nice, but I think I have a $100 problem not a $1200 problem. I have tried raising/lowering the hitch to take the weight off, and that is about the same, or maybe slightly slower than using a wrench. Adding a handle is an interesting idea, and thats probably what I should start with. I also looked around for a ratcheting open end wrench, but they are hard to come by in that size.

/ leveling arm for XJ2025 #5  
Top and tilt sounds nice, but I think I have a $100 problem not a $1200 problem. I have tried raising/lowering the hitch to take the weight off, and that is about the same, or maybe slightly slower than using a wrench. Adding a handle is an interesting idea, and thats probably what I should start with. I also looked around for a ratcheting open end wrench, but they are hard to come by in that size.

yeah, if you dont already have the remote valves it will get spendy real fast for top and tilt... do wish I had it when I was moving and leveling 200 yards of dirt 50 yards of gravel and grading a ditch this summer though!

Tisco Lift Leveling Box Assembly, ENN569AA at Tractor Supply Co.

/ leveling arm for XJ2025
Would this work?

H5125-658 - 5/16-3/8" QuikBinder Ratchet Loadbinder

Robot Check

The second link is to amazon where they have the ratcheting peerless chain binder.

The ratcheting binder could work, but would take come effort to make fit. I am interested in learning to weld, but I don't know if this is the right project to start on. I have seen ratcheting top links, so there are some close products already. What I was really hoping for was to find someone who has already figured out what leveling box fits well on this tractor. The XJ has a 15 degree bend where it attaches to the lifting arm which makes the fit a little more difficult.

I have also seen a variety of leveling boxes, but they are all designed for a different top mount: they go between two bars, rather than around a bar like I need.

Tisco Lift Leveling Box Assembly, HLBMF62 at Tractor Supply Co.