Leveling box Lift link?

/ Leveling box Lift link? #1  

marhar

Gold Member
Tractor
Farm Trac 60
I am thinking of buying a box scrape.

If I want to create a slope with the box it will be necessary to raise one side of the box scrape. That being said, I saw a "Leveling Box Lift Link 3 Point Hitch ".

How does it work? I assume it is easier than using the threaded side lift arms, is it?

Attachments

• Leveling lift arm.JPG
    Leveling lift arm.JPG
    139.4 KB · Views: 162
   / Leveling box Lift link? #2  
It is easier than using the twist type links. I can sit in the tractor seat and turn the crank and adjust the leveling on the attachment. You will quickly learn to adjust the link with no load on the arm.

/ Leveling box Lift link? #3  
How many times do you think you'll need to use the tilt feature or the box blade in general? If you have roads to build or land to be leveled, I would think hard about a Top-N-Tilt hydraulics.

About a grand if you do the work.

If you don't want to invest in to that set up. The Leveling Box Lift Link, could work for you. I would replace the "fixed" side link with it. (the solid bar side, so you'll have one on each side).

You'll need to make sure the ends will fit your tractor model...

Either way, I find that adjusting the side link, (before hydraulics!) it's easier if you place a 4"x4" in the middle of the box blade. Raise and lower the BB on that piece of wood and you can make adjustments faster. Raise and lowering relieves pressure, so you can adjust it not being under pressure.

/ Leveling box Lift link? #4  
Either way, I find that adjusting the side link, (before hydraulics!) it's easier if you place a 4"x4" in the middle of the box blade. Raise and lower the BB on that piece of wood and you can make adjustments faster. Raise and lowering relieves pressure, so you can adjust it not being under pressure.

That's a slick idea, thanks.

I'll second the top and tilt. That makes box blading a lot easier. The top link is more important than the tilt as it controls how hard the blade bites. The tilt is needed when you want the blade to be at a different angle than the rear axle, like when you're trying to put a sideways slope on a road.

/ Leveling box Lift link?
How many times do you think you'll need to use the tilt feature or the box blade in general? If you have roads to build or land to be leveled, I would think hard about a Top-N-Tilt hydraulics.

About a grand if you do the work.

If you don't want to invest in to that set up. The Leveling Box Lift Link, could work for you. I would replace the "fixed" side link with it. (the solid bar side, so you'll have one on each side).

You'll need to make sure the ends will fit your tractor model...

I am interested in the Leveling Box Lift Link. The pic I attached is of a Leveling Box Lift Link...I think. Will you send me a Hyperlink or picture of the Leveling Box link.

/ Leveling box Lift link? #6  
I've run a box blade for 30 years. Only once did I get on a homeowner machine without top 'n tilt to grade for a conc drive. I wouldn't have one without. I just dug the neighbor a small pond to catch the runoff. Could not have done it without the top n tilt hydraulics.

/ Leveling box Lift link? #7  
I am interested in the Leveling Box Lift Link. The pic I attached is of a Leveling Box Lift Link...I think. Will you send me a Hyperlink or picture of the Leveling Box Lift link.

It's just a mistake... they are also called "adjustable stabilizer"; "Adjustable Side Link"

I say tomato, you say tomato...

/ Leveling box Lift link? #8  
That's a slick idea, thanks.

I'll second the top and tilt. That makes box blading a lot easier. The top link is more important than the tilt as it controls how hard the blade bites. The tilt is needed when you want the blade to be at a different angle than the rear axle, like when you're trying to put a sideways slope on a road.
Convenient but way too expensive for occasional use. A bevel box levelling arm is a much hbetter alternative and besides, you don't need an additional hydraulic outlet set to operate it. Keep it greased and be happy you didn't spend thousands on a hydraulic link when you can buy a bevel box for under a hundred bucks, www.agrisupply.com

/ Leveling box Lift link? #9  
I’d just buy a hydraulic side link…. Even for occasional use

/ Leveling box Lift link? #10  
You obviously have more spendable income than I do but then a hydraulic top link was never in the cards for me. Besides both my M9's have factory bevel boxes as well as extendable / retractable lower links on them plus I have the fender mounted 3 point actuators on both. A grand plus versus 200 bucks (top end bevel box) is a no brainer for me. Even my 71 year old wife can crank it just fine, but I keep it greased, just like the rest of the units...