Life on the farm

/ Life on the farm
Stantion to hold the mik cow.
20020525_OH_Farm_098.jpg

/ Life on the farm #583  
No monetary value can be placed on these pics.

Here's me and my Dad when I was 7 or 8.View attachment 773650.
Do you recall what you thought of catching a fish bigger than you were? Great and timeless photo of the people that helped build America.

/ Life on the farm #584  
Do you recall what you thought of catching a fish bigger than you were? Great and timeless photo of the people that helped build America.
My Dad caught that fish by hand in the river, log jam. He put me in the escape route laying on my side in shallow water. "Don't move Rich, don't move!!!" That fish would swim to me and turn away, swiping me with it's tail. I was well taught by my Dad and had complete faith in him. I didn't move. When he came out of the log jam with that fish I couldn't believe how big it was!!!!! I remember it like it was yesterday.

Dad smoked. He carried his smokes and matches under his hat. When he was going to go under water he'd hand me his hat with smokes. I guarded them with my life!!!!

I was Blessed with an awesome Dad and had complete faith in him. Never once questioned whether he was there for me or not. Had a Blessed life growing up.

/ Life on the farm #585  
No monetary value can be placed on these pics.

Here's me and my Dad when I was 7 or 8.View attachment 773650.
That photo brings back memories of creek fishing in the Texas Panhandle. Grandpa cought a huge turtle about 20 inches in diameter. It looked like a monster to me.
hugs, Brandi

/ Life on the farm #586  
That photo brings back memories of creek fishing in the Texas Panhandle. Grandpa cought a huge turtle about 20 inches in diameter. It looked like a monster to me.
hugs, Brandi
I really enjoy browsing thru my childhood memories and thinking about how "big" things were. :)

/ Life on the farm #587  
Mr. Ovrszd, are you the one on the right or the left?

(Actually great photo, and even greater is that you are the one keeping the event alive, 60 years later!)

...//Terry

/ Life on the farm #588  
Mr. Ovrszd, are you the one on the right or the left?

(Actually great photo, and even greater is that you are the one keeping the event alive, 60 years later!)

...//Terry
My Mom was a great historian. She took a LOT of photos and secured them. I inherited them. Hundreds. During my childhood she took them from a "box" Kodak camera that you looked down thru the top to site.

/ Life on the farm #589  
My Mom was a great historian. She took a LOT of photos and secured them. I inherited them. Hundreds. During my childhood she took them from a "box" Kodak camera that you looked down thru the top to site.
My grandmother had something similar around 1910. I think it was called a kodak brownie camera. My uncle ended up with the photo albums, then my aunt. My aunt valued the photos, but her perspective was limited by the fact that the time periods the photos were taken were almost within her lifetime. For me they are very much not. My perspective is completely different. My kids and grand kids - they are in awe. When I mentioned that to her, that the pictures my grandmother took really were the first time in history that events had been recorded, in volume, and in real time, with equipment available to ordinary people, she sent them home with me. She's almost 90. They are in safe keeping.

/ Life on the farm
I enjoy going thru the old pics. I run a FB picture page that deals with pictures in Ohio. A lot of old pictures get posted that I love seeing. I’ve learned a lot of history just posting and reading other posts.

Here’s my oldest climbing the old ladder in the barn. This is the shed side of the barn. This would get filled with bales also. We fed just to the left in this picture. Behind is an area we could pen up 2-3 cows to load for market. We would stack hay over this area also.
When the barn was full, we used the ladder to climb thru the top window to throw bales down to feed, once the shed was empty.

20020525_OH_Farm_086.jpg