Lift is slow to drop.

/ Lift is slow to drop. #1  

Dead Horse

Platinum Member
Even with the sensitivity and response settings set to the quickest levels, the lift is very slow to drop, no matter that there is a 1,000 pound attachment on it.

The tractor is a Fiatagri Hesston 100 90 DT

Any ideas?

/ Lift is slow to drop. #2  
Most tractors have a restriction in the 3pt return line to limit the drop speed. Yours may be too tight.

jb

/ Lift is slow to drop.
Most tractors have a restriction in the 3pt return line to limit the drop speed. Yours may be too tight.

jb

Gotcha........ righty tighty, lefty loosey???????

I think I know where it is and will adjust it. It is definately worse when the oil is cold, but generally it was ok once the weather is above 50 degrees F.

The tractor is a 100 90 DT Hesston and all I have is an operators manual for it. That documantation is near pitiful in its usefullness. I have been looking for a service manual for it, with no luck so far.

Thanks for the tip.:)

/ Lift is slow to drop. #4  
Normally lefty loosey. Usually you will find the knob under the seat between your knees.

3pt lift is a single acting cylinder. Pressure to raise, gravity to lower. The lower rate can be adjusted to match use at the time. A box blade should have the 3pt drop fast to keep in contact with the ground as you go over bumps. If you are mowing over rough ground you probably want to slow that down so the deck won't bang! on the ground.

/ Lift is slow to drop.
I think this one must have two places for adjustment. The twist knob at th base of the seat is there, adjusted all the way out. Turning it in the other direction slows the lift down even more.

Then there is an adjustment at the back of the tactor near the remote valves...... i have never figured out what this one does, so I will tinker with it to see if it is somehow involved.

I wish I could find some folks here who have knowledge of the Hesston.

/ Lift is slow to drop. #6  
Knobs near remotes are usually variable flow control.

You running the correct oil in your hyd system?

soundguy

/ Lift is slow to drop.
Got it, finally.

It was a combination of the two valves. The "flow control" valve at the back of the tractor does control the speed and strength of the lift. It was twisted all the way in, so WAY TOO SENSITIVE and WAY TOO MUCH HYD POWER for the particular implement application. I set the valve under the seat at half way, and then tuned the rear valve for the weight of the particular implement. MUCH SMOOTHER now, not so jerky and the release valve works across its range of settings.

Amazing what things you can learn about your machine if you take the time to experiment with them........... Of course having a freekin manual would have helped a TON!

/ Lift is slow to drop. #9  
the flow control should not effect the 'hyd power' or psi available to the remote.. but rather the volume.. still.. if too much volume is ported to a light implement.. it will klift and jerk up fast.. which is not desireable..

glad you got it fixed.

soundguy