Light Bar Success!!!

/ Light Bar Success!!! #1  

EddieWalker

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Several, all used and abused.
When the days got shorter, I had to work in the dark to put round bales in the hay cradle. What surprised me was that the head lights where totally blocked by the hay bale. In the picture, you can see where the headlights shine on the bale. I couldn't see anything past the round bale with just the headlights.

My other tractors have lights on the roof, so I bought a LED Light bar from Amazon. I wired it into the rear spotlight with some 14/2 direct bury Romex that I have laying around It's just laying on top of the canopy, and then goes down the ROPS to the rear spotlight. Nothing fancy, but quick and simple.

Last night was the first time that I used it to put a bale out and I'm very pleased with the results. It shines light to the sides just as well as it does forward. It lights everything up!!!!!!

405444702_10231776627341344_8791049764408220398_n.jpg 410825014_10231866472747423_5203872383498503256_n.jpg

/ Light Bar Success!!! #2  
When the days got shorter, I had to work in the dark to put round bales in the hay cradle. What surprised me was that the head lights where totally blocked by the hay bale. In the picture, you can see where the headlights shine on the bale. I couldn't see anything past the round bale with just the headlights.

My other tractors have lights on the roof, so I bought a LED Light bar from Amazon. I wired it into the rear spotlight with some 14/2 direct bury Romex that I have laying around It's just laying on top of the canopy, and then goes down the ROPS to the rear spotlight. Nothing fancy, but quick and simple.

Last night was the first time that I used it to put a bale out and I'm very pleased with the results. It shines light to the sides just as well as it does forward. It lights everything up!!!!!!

View attachment 839774 View attachment 839775
That’s where I mounted my light bar also. Front of the canopy and another smaller one on the back facing the rear. Great locations because the light never gets blocked by anything.

/ Light Bar Success!!! #3  
That will work, great job!! I need to put front and rear LEDS on my tractor. I have them, I just have not gotten around to it yet.

/ Light Bar Success!!!
I bought them last winter. Then the days got longer and I forgot I had them. Then the days got shorter and I really needed them. Thankfully the cats knocked them off the shelf in my shed and I decided that was the push I needed to get it done.

/ Light Bar Success!!! #5  
Looks good, and functional. LED light bars or pods make a huge difference over incandescent.
I recently added an led flashing beacon to my cab for snow plowing. Due to clearance issues, I used a magnetic mount light bar with (4) metal discs double stick taped to the plastic cab roof.

/ Light Bar Success!!! #6  
I bought them last winter. Then the days got longer and I forgot I had them. Then the days got shorter and I really needed them. Thankfully the cats knocked them off the shelf in my shed and I decided that was the push I needed to get it done.
Connecting to the rear light wiring is a great idea, thanks!

/ Light Bar Success!!! #7  
Looks great!

FWIW: I rewired my headlight switch to be upper / lower two way and added LED lights on my ROPS. I almost always use the upper, but every so often, I find having the lower lights is useful.

All the best,

Peter

Last edited:
   / Light Bar Success!!! #8  
I put a light bar on the L3800 but only use the light in the winter because in the summer it attracts all the bugs..

/ Light Bar Success!!! #9  
Your cats wired your tractor? :) Those things do throw out a lot of light, nice job.

/ Light Bar Success!!! #10  
Yep. I put my light bar on my ROPS for the very same reason as Eddie... I could not 'see' around a round bale when dark.

Power was easy as there's a pre-existing wired 'jack/plug' behind the seat.