light duty bucket forks

/ light duty bucket forks #1  

gerard

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L2500DT w/FEL
Here's a cheapo pair of light duty forks I made out of some square tube, some all thread, and a bolt the same size as the all thread. Screws right on to the bottom of the bucket. Now obviously I'm not going to be lifting any full pallets of anything, but then I can't lift that much weight anyway. They ARE handy when trimming my pine trees, moving shrubs, small trees and things like that. I can pile a huge amount of branches to the point of not being able to see over the top, that would take me many more trips than without them. Also used them cutting logs and as a work platform with a piece of plywood laid across them. (Nice easy beginning welding project too which is why I made them!! All horizontal stright welds!!)

Attachments

• light duty fork side view closeup.JPG
    light duty fork side view closeup.JPG
    9.1 KB · Views: 360
  • light duty fork on bucket.JPG
    light duty fork on bucket.JPG
    7.7 KB · Views: 249
  • light duty fork side view.JPG
    light duty fork side view.JPG
    10.3 KB · Views: 298
   / light duty bucket forks #2  
Can you redo the pictures? They're the same size as the thumbnails.

/ light duty bucket forks #3  
Gerard, here are some pictures of something I built to get some sheets of plywood to the roof of my house. These were built similar to yours except mine were built (2" X 2" square tubing, 3/32" wall) to slide over some some forks that were built out of 1 1/2" X 1 1/2" (1/4" wall) steel that is held in place by chain and binders. By loading the plywood on length-wise I am able to get it to the roof of a second floor building. Doug

Attachments

• P6080043a.jpg
    P6080043a.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 380
  • P6080045a.jpg
    P6080045a.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 240
  • P6080046a.jpg
    P6080046a.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 307
   / light duty bucket forks
Can you redo the pictures? They're the same size as the thumbnails.

I'll have to re take them at a higher resolution. I tried some pics with a good camera but they came out at 2mb each, too big to upload. I then took them with my PDA at the low resolution and this was the result. Guess I have to find a happy medium. If I take at a higher resolution will they enlarge when you click on them?? Sorry - haven't done a lot of attachments yet.

Petegoud - very nice job - if I had THAT much extra steel I could pick up some serious piles of branches!!

/ light duty bucket forks #6  
Here is a set of forks I built for my JD. The quick release system for the bucket makes it real easy to switch to them. ;)

Attachments

• Forks.jpg
    Forks.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 391
   / light duty bucket forks
shield arc - quick release is on my "must have" list for my next tractor. If I had that I'd have a set of real forks!!

lbrown 59 - funny lookin' steel, never saw a light brown steel. What kind of rod do you use to weld that up???? LOL

/ light duty bucket forks #8  
here's mine . i used couple 2X4's screwed together to lift osb to the roof

Attachments

• 046.jpg
    046.jpg
    1,002.8 KB · Views: 431
   / light duty bucket forks #9  
shield arc - quick release is on my "must have" list for my next tractor. If I had that I'd have a set of real forks!!

Hi gerard!
I have a good friend that has a Kubota; I've been begging him to let me convert his bucket to a quick release system! Shouldn't be too difficult.;)

Attachments

• Quick pin.jpg
    Quick pin.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 227
   / light duty bucket forks #10  
I'll have to re take them at a higher resolution. I tried some pics with a good camera but they came out at 2mb each, too big to upload. I then took them with my PDA at the low resolution and this was the result. Guess I have to find a happy medium. If I take at a higher resolution will they enlarge when you click on them?? Sorry - haven't done a lot of attachments yet.

Gerard,
There is a good freeware program called pixresizer that will take a photo and shrink the size down to whatever is acceptable. I know that there are quite a few of us on here that use it to resize our photos to get them within the acceptable size limitation of this website.

-Scot